Homebrew doom

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got 2 questions. How do I manage to use circle-pad for movement,
and is ist possible to add a pwad such as wolfendoom for doom2.wad ?
I saw that feature in a version from devinacker called prboom-3ds.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Muxi,

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country
Strange how excited I am for a game that a couple of years older then me.
I just love doom. So cool to see 3ds port updating. <3

Last edited by Ann0ying,

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean the hud/status bar is on the lower screen? If so, this port would be perfect!

Many Thanx @elhobbs for your work! We Love you :D
The status bar is moved to the bottom screen when the view is fullscreen. The automap is on the bottom screen too. It is not finished yet, but it is playable. I need to do something about the automap key events when the automap is left open. The dsp-sound branch has the latest version.

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
The status bar is moved to the bottom screen when the view is fullscreen. The automap is on the bottom screen too. It is not finished yet, but it is playable. I need to do something about the automap key events when the automap is left open. The dsp-sound branch has the latest version.

Nice work! Can we get an option to move the status bar to the top border of the bottom screen? It would be more easily visible there, imo.

Reactions: SLiV3R

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I downloaded the latest prboom3ds.cia from the DSP repo, but I am still having issues. :/
The automap feature doesn't seem to work for me, I only get the keyboard, however the HUD does move to the bottom screen.
Another problem, I got a lockup of the game on E1M2.
The level started, walked up to the hallway right in front of me, and that was it, music still playing but no button input worked, I believe the proper term is a softlock or whatever.

So right now those are my issues with the latest build.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the latest prboom3ds.cia from the DSP repo, but I am still having issues. :/
The automap feature doesn't seem to work for me, I only get the keyboard, however the HUD does move to the bottom screen.
Another problem, I got a lockup of the game on E1M2.
The level started, walked up to the hallway right in front of me, and that was it, music still playing but no button input worked, I believe the proper term is a softlock or whatever.

So right now those are my issues with the latest build.
The automap needs to be turned on - I believe the default mapping is TAB. It is a work in progress. I was not sure if having it on by default would cause performance issues on o3ds/2ds. It is a bit cumbersome at this point as you need the keyboard to toggle the automap and then you need to toggle the keyboard to see the automap. And the automap has it own set of keys that do things when the automap is active. For instance the "f" key toggles follow mode. So if you use the ammo cheat while the automap is visible - you will exit follow mode and not be able to move until toggle follow mode or close the automap. So it is a bit quirky at the moment.
The soft lock is one of the reasons I have not created a release for these changes yet.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The automap needs to be turned on - I believe the default mapping is TAB. It is a work in progress. I was not sure if having it on by default would cause performance issues on o3ds/2ds. It is a bit cumbersome at this point as you need the keyboard to toggle the automap and then you need to toggle the keyboard to see the automap. And the automap has it own set of keys that do things when the automap is active. For instance the "f" key toggles follow mode. So if you use the ammo cheat while the automap is visible - you will exit follow mode and not be able to move until toggle follow mode or close the automap. So it is a bit quirky at the moment.
The soft lock is one of the reasons I have not created a release for these changes yet.
I thought I somehow was missing something for the automap feature, turns out I was right haha.
Thanks for the reply, and its good to know that the softlock is already a known issue.

I'll let you know if I find anything else, thank you so much for your work on this project!

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am not really a dehacked expert, but to my knowledge I think this does support dehacked mods. prboom3ds is a port of prboom 2.5 which does support dehacked mods.
However, looking at this particular mod a bit - it does not appear to be a vanilla doom compatible dehacked mod. it looks like it requires a zdoom compatible/enhanced engine, and therefore is not supported by prboom 2.5 (or this port).
I mean, Doom Retro supports thousands of states (up to 3999), so I don't know if you can add this to your current source port, if so, mods compatibility will increace since there is a lot of mods designed to run on Doom Retro.

Edit. Source: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/85991-smoothed-smooth-monsters-for-doom-retro/

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

Cant it be like your Hexen port? Thats a one push and everything with the hud is perfect :)

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1