WIP Doom 64 EX port

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by fgsfds, Oct 8, 2018.

1. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I think Digital Foundry claimed that Nerve Software were behind the new ports, which is strange as their ports are usually high quality.

I’ll be buying Doom 64 from eShop yet still use this. We can have both.

cucholix and Smoker1 like this.
  2. Baq

Baq Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2019
    Poland
    Yeeaaah the fix :)))))) pls

3. Baq

Baq Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2019
    Poland
    Got the gzdoom working with doom I and II but brutal and 64 retribution crashes. I Think it has something to do with memory limitation when runnin from homebrew loucher intead of nsp file. Got to try compile hblouncher to nsp through nro2nsp. Dont no if im thinking the right way

4. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    There is already NSP hbmenu on this forum somewhere. If you're using Atmosphere you can also just override any game instead of the album.

5. Baq

Baq Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2019
    Poland
    Thax for help, Yes im using atmosphere bit how to do it? When i click on another game pressing R like on the album choosen game just stars as normal. Mayby i have old system or im doig something wrong?

6. Dutt

Dutt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Australia
    Hold R untill hbm loads

7. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    Looking at Bethesda's new trailer (featuring green blood and blue crosses on medkits) made me want to release an update, so here we go.

New version: v0.2.0. Changes:
    • backported proper gamepad code from the upstream rom branch, hopefully this will fix the movement issue;
    • rebuilt with latest libnx (9.0 support).
    Download link is in the OP.
    The new gamepad code has an amusing side effect: all button prompts feature Xbox button icons.

Dutt, hippy dave, Csmrcc and 4 others like this.
  8. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Are they seriously going full 80's/90's Nintendo with the game!?

Never go full 80's/90's Nintendo!

9. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    It might be a weird way of showing off that they have a version where this can be customized (i.e. they might be using Doom64EX, it has settings for blood color), it also might be just a crappy trailer made from an assortment of footage of the old versions of the game. That said, the blue crosses are likely going to stay, since they also removed the red crosses from all the other modern Doom ports.

10. SeongGino

SeongGino The Average One

May 20, 2015
    United States
    Jersey, Jersey
    Is it because the blood's green in the trailer?

Is that it?

Because if so, I'm not seeing the outrage.
    Considering the graphics haven't changed at all, and haven't with the original DOOM 64 EX port that was released, I think people are finding reason to be needlessly upset again.

11. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    Is what because the blood's green in the trailer? The port? No, I was making a joke.
    UPD: It appears I was right about it being an in-game setting, since Night Dive appears to be behind the port, which means it's based on Doom64EX/Kex. Even now there is hope for man.

Last edited by fgsfds, Oct 25, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted