WIP Doom 64 EX port

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by fgsfds, Oct 8, 2018.

1. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    I didn't know the XInput code was public. I'll take a look.

Dutt likes this.
  2. Ch0wW

Ch0wW Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    France
    France
    https://github.com/MP2E/kexplus/blob/master/src/i_xinput.c

This may help. However, there are still some modifications here and there to do, but nothing too big I think. Again, branch ROM has several modifications using SDL2.

3. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Just a quick heads-up:
    I tried organizing my homebrew library and found out that some path is hardcoded in this port, so, it fails to launch if moved out of /switch folder. Also happens for Quakespasm, does not happen for NXQuake2.

4. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    All my ports are hardcoded to use the switch folder for data, since at the time I thought that was the convention. Is it not anymore?

5. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    I guess it still is, but would it not be better to use a path relative to .nro instead? The amount of useful homebrews grows, it becomes troublesome to navigate the hbmenu. I put my homebrews into categories under /switch/ like games/emulators/tools and most of them work, your ports being the rare exception, that's why I thought I would mention it.

6. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    I guess that makes sense. I remember having some issues with relative paths too, but I'll consider that.