Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    Can you send a Doodlebomb without having registered them as a friend? If so, how?

2. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

United States
    How do I delete a post I accidentally made from a 3DS?
    (This post, actually. I at least want to merge it with my actual post.)
    Yes, I'm new here.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    From what I've seen with mrnbayoh's tweets yes, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. From what I've seen they only show up in your list of people to send to if both parties have the FC added.

Quantumcat likes this.
  4. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

United States
    Whoops. I kinda posted that from a 3DS... I can't figure out how to delete it, but let me state that replying does not work when you enable "request mobile sites."
    I had a long and painful journey resulting in a CFW-less 11.4 today. I just typed it out on this tiny keyboard (on my 3DS), but it went to another page... I'll just retype it on my laptop in the morning. Basically, I nearly bricked my system by accidentally downgrading to 11.0- via fbi.3dsx. I had to use recovery mode. Thank goodness I discovered that earlier today.

So, I had safehax ready to downgrade my New 3DS XL so I could install A9LH. Then, when I realized the issue with sleep mode bricking N3DS <8.0.0, I decided to wait until I had more time to avoid someone interrupting me and me possibly bricking my system. Seems like a good call. Well, then I start messing with FBI(.3dsx). I look under "Pending Titles," and I notice that all of the pending titles are marked as type:NAND. There's 0.37.0 (?), 3.0.0, 4.0.0, 9.1.0, 11.0.0, and 11.4.0. When I saw 11.4.0 on the list, I was sure they were NAND updates. Oddly enough, there were three more- 14.0.0, 21.something, and 25.something. I really want to know what those do, but I may never find out. Well, being me, I noted the long number that went with 11.0.0, found it under "Tickets," and after slight hesitation... Installed it. I'm pretty sure it was a NAND update. (Which makes me wish even more that I tried to install 25.0.0.) I'm guessing that badges weren't around during 11.0.0, because none of my stuff wanted to load. (All of my system titles are replaced with launcher badges, with the real ones tucked away in a folder. Neither the badges nor the folder contents wanted to load.) I powered off, removed the (micro)SD card, and powered on. Well, my actual system titles loaded, but starting them was another story. My 3DS froze whenever I tried to open anything (including the home menu settings). I tried booting with and without the SD card multiple times, and finally resorted to removing the battery. I wouldn't be surprised if that earned me a facepalm. Well, I put it back in, and my 3DS wouldn't boot at all. So... recovery mode... yeah. I really should have tried cancelling, since it enabled my wifi for me, but I didn't.
    So... now I have 11.4.0 without a CFW. After waiting for a 11.3 exploit for months. I didn't want to risk hard bricking my system, so of course, I soft bricked it. I don't even know how to express the pain of this situation.
    I really hope Smea finds a 11.4 vulnerability soon. ...but it looks like I'm waiting until July even if he does.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  5. FaceFTW

FaceFTW Member
    Newcomer

United States
  6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

United States
    just curious, im on 11.4 with luma custom firmware, and installing doodlebomb creates a special note. How do i actually send people the note if it's special? I can only send notes i've written.

7. TheCyberQuake

United States
    If you follow the instructions on the doodlebomb website, the latest note you have has to be one you created. Then when you install the exploit it makes your note a special note and will still allow you to send it

8. Soulsilve2010

Soulsilve2010 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What does it mean when i send someone the letter and its "damaged"?

9. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Btw, I heard that nintendo could ban you if you send inapropiate content (like... I don't know... p*rn or something) so they have some way of viewing the letter's content.
    If that's true, does that mean they could ban us for sending this kind of letter too?

10. Blue_Mew

OP Blue_Mew GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Ban, for homebrew? nah. If it meant direct piracy then most likely yes.

Arubaro likes this.
  11. Setsu-P

Setsu-P Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    New member, but have lurked for a while. I pulled a stupid and updated to 11.4 (sneaky sneaky Ninty preventing streetpass from working until I did...didn't want to miss the streetpass weekend). I have Homebrew and was using Soundhax. I've had Swapdoodle for a while, so Doodlebomb is good news! It seems easy enough from the instructions, but I have one question... do both parties - sender and recipient - need to have Doodlebomb installed?

12. TheCyberQuake

United States
    No, the sender has it installed and then sends the exploit to a receiver

13. Setsu-P

Setsu-P Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks so much :)

14. JoshiYoshi64

JoshiYoshi64 GBAtemp Regular

Yes I have no idea how to install it to I'm on 11.3 so still got soundhax

15. TheCyberQuake

United States
    Well after sending the exploit to over 100 people, it seems my notes are being delayed, or more often just not being delivered at all. Tried purging my friend list and making a new note and reinstalling, but they seem to just refuse to send at this point. Nintendo may be blocking my notes from sending due to the amount I sent out. Anyone else have that happen

16. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    Just an idea, have you tried creating emuNANDs, formatting them, installing Swapdoodle on them then trying if those fail as well?

17. Zhakien

Zhakien Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I'm trying to set up DoodleBomb, but when I go through the installer, I keep getting this message...

Failed to create letter in extdata:/letter/000/c82044B4

I've followed the instructions and went through Nikki's tutorial, deleted her notes and then created a new note of my own.
    Created the doodlebomb folder on the root with the otherapp.bin and the USA files from the doodlebomb archive.

I'm currently running a9LH with Luma on 11.3 with a New3DS.

Any help would be appreciated.

18. TheCyberQuake

United States
    I already had a separate EUR emunand that simultaneously stopped sending.

SomeGamer likes this.
  19. chandlercomicman

Newcomer

Canada
  20. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 AyyMDionicio3

United States
    Does it do with with other homebrew entry points?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - doodlebomb, entrypoint, userland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.