ROM Hack Question Don't Starve MOD, how to get it to work?

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help get the below mod to work? I am on atmosphere generic with only the sweet patch version 0.10.5 on ofw 9.2

I have Don't Starve: 0100751007ADA000
with update v262144: 0100751007ADA800

So I have placed "DLC001" and "DLC002" from the below thread into /atmosphere/contents/0100751007ADA800. I am not sure if generic atmosphere launch LayerFS by default, so may be that is why it is not working.

Below switch mod is courtesy of Kam297 on the kleientertainment forum

Well I have to wait for my tutorial to be approved (which it probably won't) but if you have a hackable switch it's very much possible.

I'll leave a copy of the tut in case you're interested.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. I'm not responsible for console bans or anything else that might happen. This tutorial involves using custom firmware which is NOT supported by Nintendo, against Nintendo ToS, and WILL get your console permanently banned if you go online after booting CFW. you have been warned.

Requirements: A hackable Nintendo Switch, SD card, Windows PC (other methods of launching hekate work ofc), an RCM jig, and a brain.

Contents: BpAm Mod (vanilla+RoG+SW), Infinite Things (+ kinda RoG, Needs nerfed. Inf fire vanilla), Don't farm (vanilla), LGA doesn't break at 0% (vanilla), Autocatch Boomerang (vanilla+RoG+SW), Unbreakable Walls (vanilla+RoG), and last but not least a working version of my telestaff+ mod! (for RoG only at the moment i believe.)
default_icon_e_smile.gif
(assume the mods are for vanilla unless stated otherwise. Disclaimer: SW DLC not tested, Vanilla and RoG tested.)

1. Place contents of https://bitbucket.org/POONpirate/nx_ds_mods/downloads/ (the folder containing prefabs.xml) to /atmosphere/titles/0100751007ADA000. (skip to step 2 if you can already boot a cfw with layeredfs)

1b. Follow the guide here to hack your switch. https://guide.sdsetup.com/

2. Boot with LayeredFS then boot Don't starve. Enjoy extra equip slots.

3. Profit?

Proof: https://ibb.co/iYb5my

nanchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out the reason why I was not able to get it to work was because I didn't create a folder called romfs. Didn't think I needed it, but guess it is required.

/atmosphere/contents/GAME FOLDER/romfs/<MOD content goes in here>

Everything is working great for me now, but I feel like a cheater now that I have access to both the backpack and armor on. =(

linklteilor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
[QUOTE = "nanchan, post: 9089346, member: 365627"] Descubrí que la razón por la que no pude hacer que funcionara fue porque no creé una carpeta llamada romfs. No pensé que lo necesitaba, pero supongo que es necesario.

/ atmosfera / contenidos / CARPETA DEL JUEGO / romfs / <El contenido MOD va aquí>

Todo me está funcionando muy bien ahora, pero me siento como un tramposo ahora que tengo acceso tanto a la mochila como a la armadura. = ([/ QUOTE]

¿Qué tal buenos días? Mi pregunta es que cualquier archivo no tiene romfs ya que lo uso y obtengo un error tanto en el archivo antiguo como en el nuevo.

axcastelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi.

Im playing Nintendo Switch edition of Don't Starve.

I have Atmosphere 0.17.1 in 10.0.4 system.

I am getting the error:

scripts/screens/creditsscreen.lua:62: attempt to index field 'LAB42' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

=[C]:-1 in (global) require (C) <-1--1>

scripts/screens/mainscreen_ps4.lua:14 in () ? (main) <0-342>

scripts/screens/gamelogic.lua:19 in () ? (main) <0-1652>

scripts/screens/mainfunctions.lua:755 in () ? (Lua) <748-762>

what am I doing wrong?

Reactions: linklteilor

falcorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't see how that output is possible in v1.0.6. Might want to update the game. Or, if for some reason the file was modified, post it here.

In related news, you might be interested in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-