Gaming Don't mean to brag, but... (Pokémon X/Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-236924

I'm pretty sure it's legit.
High change of being RNG'd or pokegenned though, but not illegal.

Considering the only way to RNG a shiny Mew is in Emerald and that RNGing a 31 IV across the board Method 1 Pokémon on there is borderline impossible (if even possible at all)...

I'd say "Congrats on trading for a Pokémon that was most certainly generated via save editors", I guess?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A six IV shiny Mew with a very limited method of obtaining legitimately. The odds of this happening are almost astronomical. I didn't even see the IV portion of the OP. I dunno what you traded for that, but you most likely got got.

D

Deleted-236924

A six IV shiny Mew with a very limited method of obtaining legitimately. The odds of this happening are almost astronomical. I didn't even see the IV portion of the OP. I dunno what you traded for that, but you most likely got got.

Going off by that, I'm assuming he got it for free.

Furthermore, I don't even know if there are any 31/31/31/31/31/31 frames on seed 0 of the method 1 generation, and if there is, it's so far in that it's probably not worth the trouble.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: gamefan5

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
You can easily say the same about the topic creator as he is singling out a single user here, Black-Ice, in the very first post. ;) As far as legitimacy, can't tell much based on the potato quality of the photo, but people might think illegitimate as the odds of finding a shiny Mew are fairly slim to begin with. Without a stats rundown, there's not a ton to go off of, other than word of mouth.
Old Sea Map(?) in Emerald.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old Sea Map(?) in Emerald.

Oh I know that, but shiny AND six IVs? And being given away free? You either got really lucky or, that Mew you're priding yourself on is just not legitimately obtained.

Combining the odds of getting a legitimate shiny in the Generation III games (1/8192) and getting perfect IVs (something like 0.4%) those are startlingly low odds, and to give it away free should have raised a few eyebrows.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I know that, but shiny AND six IVs? And being given away free? You either got really lucky or, that Mew you're priding yourself on is just not legitimately obtained.

Combining the odds of getting a legitimate shiny in the Generation III games (1/8192) and getting perfect IVs (something like 0.4%) those are startlingly low odds, and to give it away free should have raised a few eyebrows.

the math of finding one is 0.000048828125%

Reactions: gamefan5

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States

It looks legit to me!

Reactions: |-Goku-|

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here is where I say that if a deal is too good to be true, it more than likely is. Honestly though, those kinds of odds and being given away free just do not sit well with me.

|-Goku-|

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here is where I say that if a deal is too good to be true, it more than likely is. Honestly though, those kinds of odds and being given away free just do not sit well with me.

Meh, when I received it, I wasn't to concerned about how it was obtained...because I was getting a Shiny Mew. I like it, and that was all that mattered :).

Reactions: UltraMew
D

Deleted-236924

Behold, all the 31/31/31/31/31 frames on Method 1 with a seed of 0 in the first 500,000,000 frames:

LCu6wVo.png

That's... 817 hours in, if I calculated that right. I don't know if even the battle video method would make this practical since I don't know the exact details to using it.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If that's really the case, I'd rather take my odds in the lottery.

your more likely to win the lottery and get hit my lighting at the same time.

i have a LEGIT shiny Mewtwo which i got on my heartgold.... but shit IV. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.