Gaming Don't like super Mario 3D world..

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both and IMO 3d World is far superior to NSMB U, but if you really like classic 2d mario gameplay then it may be worth it.
Before playing 3d world I was disappointed that it wasn't more 'original' like mario galaxy, but after playing I love how polished they have made the experience, and it's a lot of fun multi-player.

The Wiiu certainly isn't doing too well, but for me at least Mario 3d World shows why Nintendo is still a relevant force in gaming.

The WiiU outsold Xbox One during Christmas you call that not doing well check QJ.net

Edit: If anyone in Aus is looking for the game at a decent price, it's just over $53 shipped on the video ezy website. They are generally cheaper than ozgameshop etc. I ordered it from there just before launch, did take about 2 weeks to arrive (shipped from Hong Kong) but best price I could find.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Count Duckula

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but one week of slightly more than its competitor is hardly a "CONSOLE SAVED!" moment. I mean, unless they managed to move 5 million units during that week, the Wii U's situation is still pretty poor.

I appreciate that you're happy about the news, but let's not grasp at straws here.

I agree with you but I'm still pretty happy about it the 3DS really stole Christmas tho I'm surprised they show the results for
the 2ds speaking of which how was your Christmas/New Years Eve bro.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but one week of slightly more than its competitor is hardly a "CONSOLE SAVED!" moment. I mean, unless they managed to move 5 million units during that week, the Wii U's situation is still pretty poor.

I appreciate that you're happy about the news, but let's not grasp at straws here.

I agree with you but I'm still pretty happy about it the 3DS really stole Christmas tho I'm surprised they show the results for
the 2ds speaking of which how was your Christmas/New Years Eve bro.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 2ds

The 3DS is Nintendo's little handheld that could. I'm not a fan of the system itself (the 3D gives me a headache and I think the design leaves a lot to be desired), but it's selling like gangbusters. As horribly as the Wii U is performing, Nintendo has a very comfy cushion with it (like they did with the Gameboy line as the N64 and Gamecube struggled).

speaking of which how was your Christmas/New Years Eve bro.

It was awful. I only get a metric ton of gifts and enjoyment, not the two metric tons I demanded. Literally worse than the attack on Pearl Harbor.[/quote][/quote]

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is Nintendo's little handheld that could. I'm not a fan of the system itself (the 3D gives me a headache and I think the design leaves a lot to be desired), but it's selling like gangbusters. As horribly as the Wii U is performing, Nintendo has a very comfy cushion with it (like they did with the Gameboy line as the N64 and Gamecube struggled).

Are you going to get a 2ds or are you waiting for the 4ds bro

It was awful. I only get a metric ton of gifts and enjoyment, not the two metric tons I demanded. Literally worse than the attack on Pearl Harbor.
[/quote][/quote]

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like all the 3D Mario games, a lot! I have not been able to play the 3DS offering, so I can't speak about it, but for me, Super Mario 3D World is the first 3D Mario game that actually felt like it had something to do with the classic series. All the other 3D Marios, while good, stand apart dramatically from the old school flavor. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really fond of it.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
3D World takes away a lot of things that I loved about the early 3D Mario's.

I miss the freedom to endlessly run about in a level, and not have to worry about that Time Limit that's going to mess you up if you linger.

I miss the levels that took longer than 2 and a half minutes each to complete.

I miss the free-to-roam aspect of early 3D Mario games.

I miss having to find my way to the goal instead of being led to it.

I miss having NPCs to talk to- not that I needed it but it was a nice touch.

And most importantly, I MISS POWER STARS. Screw the flagpoles.

I'm not saying that 3D World is a bad game, it's fun and it's Mario, - but the "let's make old new, again" formula will never reach the scale and awe of the older 3D Mario games.

Reactions: Rob Blou
D

Dork

3D World takes away a lot of things that I loved about the early 3D Mario's.

I miss the freedom to endlessly run about in a level, and not have to worry about that Time Limit that's going to mess you up if you linger.

I miss the levels that took longer than 2 and a half minutes each to complete.

I miss the free-to-roam aspect of early 3D Mario games.

I miss having to find my way to the goal instead of being led to it.

I miss having NPCs to talk to- not that I needed it but it was a nice touch.

And most importantly, I MISS POWER STARS. Screw the flagpoles.

I'm not saying that 3D World is a bad game, it's fun and it's Mario, - but the "let's make old new, again" formula will never reach the scale and awe of the older 3D Mario games.

Maybe because Super Mario 3D Land & World are part of a different sub-series from that of the 3D sandbox games like Sunshine and Galaxy. A Galaxy successor will probably show up later in the Wii U's life.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you playing alone or with other people? I notice the commercials all seem to push the play it with other people aspect. Which won't be how I'll be playing it, once I get around to opening my copy.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dislike that you have to play it at least 5 times (on single player) to really 100% it. And that there is no real bonus for 100%ing the game sucks hard.

Don't get me wrong: I really liked that there are many worlds after defeating bowser. I did not see that coming after the short 3D Land prequel. But to get 100% there is no real reward for me so I put it down really quick after beating the normal levels (fuck those last 5 stamps!).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I for one am really liking it, it makes me feel like a kid and with each new stage that I play I always get surprised by how gorgeous and plenty of space to run around.

Here's some screens:

zlCfzRWGnbkw8PrYaz
zlCfzRUmcdYmK5auoy
zlCfzRUC-r4hDdSOMN
zlCfzRT8kHY9hBpUBB
naddel81 said:
I dislike that you have to play it at least 5 times (on single player) to really 100% it. And that there is no real bonus for 100%ing the game sucks hard.

This is actually your own fault because for the most part it only took me once to collect all the collectibles (stamps + stars).

Are you playing alone or with other people? I notice the commercials all seem to push the play it with other people aspect. Which won't be how I'll be playing it, once I get around to opening my copy.

The game is much better playing solo rather than co-op which turns out to make it more challenging than Shinobi or Ninja Gaiden. Can't keep up with me? Screw you I'm going ahead *other players die and turn into bubbles*!

It's safe to say this game wasn't planned to originally be played with co-op.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is actually your own fault because for the most part it only took me once to collect all the collectibles (stamps + stars).

I collected everything the first time. But to 100% it you HAVE TO PLAY IT WITH EACH CHARACTER! That is why I wrote you have to play it at least 5 times in single player mode. Which is very redundant and annoying to collect the last 5 stamps.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Oh in that instance? Yes it's required but only if you really want to collect all the collectibles because the stamps are optional, but the Green Stars you've got to have them until a certain limit to unlock all worlds and stages.

It's like the Gold Coins on New Super Mario Bros. U if you don't collect an X amount it won't unlock a new world.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, I love this game. It's crashed on me a few times though, which is odd for a Nintendo game, but it's super fun.

The only thing I don't like is the noise it makes when you're at full speed, it sounds like your player is farting. lol

Henke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't like it so much at first nut after putting the effort in to 100% it I think the game is great. The game is growing the more you play it. When finally reaching 100% you want to start all over again! That if anything proves this is a epic game that live up to reward game of the year :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: