ROM Hack Don't know where this goes, need help randomizing pokemon games

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've recently been trying to randomize pokemon sun. I've followed the instructions exactly on the following video made by The4thGenGamer:
and followed this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-with-randomizing-pokemon-moon.458510/
however, whenever I attempt to launch pokemon sun after randomizing, it crashes instead of launches. I've noticed when using pkhex that only a few options are available to me as well.
I have a 3ds with custom firmware, but I don't know much about CFW in general, so idk what's going wrong.
I tried randomizing pokemon X in the past, and the game launched, but crashed on my 1st battle with shauna.
These issues have led me to believe that it isn't a problem with my randomizing, but how my cfw and 3ds are setup.
If I'm right, then I need help basically resetting and reinstalling cfw (if that's possible)
If I'm wrong in my assumption, then any help in randomizing properly would help greatly.

P.S. I've had someone attempt to randomize pokemon x for me before, but that crashed too, so I really think it's my 3ds/sd card (I have a 16 gb sd card, and I can't afford a new one atm, so if I need to reset my sd card, a way where I can still keep cfw would be great)

P.P.S. thanks for any help in advance.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I've recently been trying to randomize pokemon sun. I've followed the instructions exactly on the following video made by The4thGenGamer:
and followed this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-with-randomizing-pokemon-moon.458510/
however, whenever I attempt to launch pokemon sun after randomizing, it crashes instead of launches. I've noticed when using pkhex that only a few options are available to me as well.
I have a 3ds with custom firmware, but I don't know much about CFW in general, so idk what's going wrong.
I tried randomizing pokemon X in the past, and the game launched, but crashed on my 1st battle with shauna.
These issues have led me to believe that it isn't a problem with my randomizing, but how my cfw and 3ds are setup.
If I'm right, then I need help basically resetting and reinstalling cfw (if that's possible)
If I'm wrong in my assumption, then any help in randomizing properly would help greatly.

P.S. I've had someone attempt to randomize pokemon x for me before, but that crashed too, so I really think it's my 3ds/sd card (I have a 16 gb sd card, and I can't afford a new one atm, so if I need to reset my sd card, a way where I can still keep cfw would be great)

Are you using the latest Luma? I think there was something about unsigned cro's in Pokemon mods that wouldn't work in older Luma versions. There might be some setting that needs to be enabled in newer ones to get it to work though, I don't know.

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest Luma? I think there was something about unsigned cro's in Pokemon mods that wouldn't work in older Luma versions. There might be some setting that needs to be enabled in newer ones to get it to work though, I don't know.
yes, I updated luma. I have since tried out this method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-with-randomizing-pokemon-moon.458510/page-3
using a pokemon moon cia, and the randomizing worked, but I got a black screen upon loading the game, and it basically crashed my 3ds

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest version of pkhex? I used to have the same problem but when I got the latest version and redid it it worked. Dont use the version linked in rhe youtube vid description.

sabino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how do you launch the game, i have it in my sd card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you mean pk3ds? if so, yes
how do you launch the game, i have it in my sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof