Hacking Don't hold on to anything. New Vita "tricks" from mr gas

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that this morning! :yaypsp:
Tutorials up. For me, the app launches, but crashes after the startup image. At least it confirms that 3.52 is exploitable. Now its just a matter of waiting for a tutorial that works, or the eventual release from Mr Gas and Major Tom.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tutorials up. For me, the app launches, but crashes after the startup image. At least it confirms that 3.52 is exploitable. Now its just a matter of waiting for a tutorial that works, or the eventual release from Mr Gas and Major Tom.
That, plus I would also like to see how Qwikrazor's method works. I have Pool, but I can't use VitaFTP. It jsut doesn't work.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That, plus I would also like to see how Qwikrazor's method works. I have Pool, but I can't use VitaFTP. It jsut doesn't work.
Well this exploit is for any game, you don't have to load up some game and load up an exploited save. So once its working its a much better situation.

What firmware are you on? 3.52?

Last edited by Yamagushi,
Reactions: Selim873

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this exploit is for any game, you don't have to load up some game and load up an exploited save. So once its working its a much better situation.

What firmware are you on? 3.52?

Oh, this just hit me, and yes I am on 3.52. I haven't tried the new method just yet, but I feel like I've felt like I've hit a stop somewhere. The new tutorial didn't answer this question either. How would I make multiple bubbles using the same game or a game that's never been downloaded to my Vita? I have MHFU, Ape Quest and Pool on my Vita now, but would I no longer be able to play MHFU if I used it as a base game? Could I make new entries to the app.db file? I'm asking because Tom answered "sure" when someone asked about making custom bubbles. Are you only limited to the number of compatible PSP games you have on your system?

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this just hit me, and yes I am on 3.52. I haven't tried the new method just yet, but I feel like I've felt like I've hit a stop somewhere. The new tutorial didn't answer this question either. How would I make multiple bubbles using the same game or a game that's never been downloaded to my Vita? I have MHFU, Ape Quest and Pool on my Vita now, but would I no longer be able to play MHFU if I used it as a base game? Could I make new entries to the app.db file? I'm asking because Tom answered "sure" when someone asked about making custom bubbles. Are you only limited to the number of compatible PSP games you have on your system?
You know, i've been wondering the same things. Do you only get one custom bubble per original game, then you need each original game taking up space to cover the bubble. If it does work that way, I'll just use one bubble to fire up a loader, then run everything from there so not that big of a deal. But they are good questions.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, i've been wondering the same things. Do you only get one custom bubble per original game, then you need each original game taking up space to cover the bubble. If it does work that way, I'll just use one bubble to fire up a loader, then run everything from there so not that big of a deal. But they are good questions.
That was my original plan. To have a TN-V bubble for everything PSP related, but ARK seems to be better, even though I want the PSP XMB. I know Qwik wants to release ARK as soon as bubbles are clearly working, I know this because pretty much replied that to me on Twitter.

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is going to be the dumbest question I've ever asked on this site but I haven't for the life of me figured out how to click links in the email app. I'm on PSTV by the way so touchscreen isn't an option.
I had the same problem, turns out you need to press Square and it'll bring up a mouse cursor. Felt dumb after realizing, but I swear I already tried all the buttons...

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I have a PS3 on CFW and want to buy a PSTV. advice please. Where to buy online in Canada? and do I have to worry about the PSTV FW version that it ships with yet?
from what I understand with my 10min study of the PSTV any current FW version will be just fine for homebrew and vita game unlocking.... right?

Edit: can I run my Unity3d game clones on PSTV?

Last edited by PhyChris,

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my original plan. To have a TN-V bubble for everything PSP related, but ARK seems to be better, even though I want the PSP XMB. I know Qwik wants to release ARK as soon as bubbles are clearly working, I know this because pretty much replied that to me on Twitter.

So after a ton of tinkering I managed to get it working to a degree. I can not get homebrew or off the random web iso's to run through this, but could get backup games from sony's official packages running. From there I got Pool Hall Pro running, then was able to run the Pool Hall Pro exploit.

So grab the Pool Hall Pro pkg from here.
http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...pinFtSarzAyuoRnqNKIRweCdhcUFIIAtQYiUZaKju.pkg

Grab the pkg decrypter here.
https://545a2d2f-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites...iOV03wZbET3LtrgpGI_A0w7Po=&attredirects=0&d=1

Use the decrypter on the pkg, itll output an iso to use.

Follow this guide:

You should now have a running pool hall pro.

Use the Pool Hall Pro exploit.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_EPSP_VHBL.html

If you are in the EU, or JP regions there are also exploit games available, just substitute it.

Pool Hall Pro has the 1mb limit, so I'm curious if using the region change hack combined with all this and one of the EU or JP games will work. Will try that another day tho.

Reactions: Selim873

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after a ton of tinkering I managed to get it working to a degree. I can not get homebrew or off the random web iso's to run through this, but could get backup games from sony's official packages running. From there I got Pool Hall Pro running, then was able to run the Pool Hall Pro exploit.

So grab the Pool Hall Pro pkg from here.
http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...pinFtSarzAyuoRnqNKIRweCdhcUFIIAtQYiUZaKju.pkg

Grab the pkg decrypter here.
https://545a2d2f-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/theleecherman/psnpkgdecryptor-extractor/PSN.PKG.Decryptor.&.Extractor.v1.85-LMAN.rar?attachauth=ANoY7cre5L9NGyh2nzPx_RYmsVeX6g10fwz_mRvNTunt5rZ0TaJ4w1yraCmIVoHWAfNaBflhKM0dSGHguEZaVCms4TNEwbbBkFPcuYJ0UXevovy7lqB1NExTYItiK5umBBisAsBXfKXWMVGMcPmnE_D3vjFqRGzYuEM6kP-qBPp9Vvp8-RkHUpbDomvuqF0ROEVyJVEq9ShOJEdp_S6W1LoWM98nxkd2UVZvozisBMXmrOM5Rp4NKTPZQn7mMdIhMujzmrVOW5icyr1d-8eSTW8qhltJCTiOV03wZbET3LtrgpGI_A0w7Po=&attredirects=0&d=1

Use the decrypter on the pkg, itll output an iso to use.

Follow this guide:

You should now have a running pool hall pro.

Use the Pool Hall Pro exploit.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_EPSP_VHBL.html

If you are in the EU, or JP regions there are also exploit games available, just substitute it.

Pool Hall Pro has the 1mb limit, so I'm curious if using the region change hack combined with all this and one of the EU or JP games will work. Will try that another day tho.

I heard about backups working fine, but I've already owned PHP so I already have access to VHBL. I'm also aware of the 1MB limit. Though as of right now, it seems that Qwikrazor's making some progress and got the ARK launcher to work. I'm going to wait a little longer, as I've never got the bubbles working. The customizable tutorial that doesn't edit the EBOOT works, meaning I made a VHBL bubble that still launches Ape Escape. Qwik just released an ISO for the ARK launcher for the Major Gas bubble. I'll have to work on it either this weekend if nobody's announced anything.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about backups working fine, but I've already owned PHP so I already have access to VHBL. I'm also aware of the 1MB limit. Though as of right now, it seems that Qwikrazor's making some progress and got the ARK launcher to work. I'm going to wait a little longer, as I've never got the bubbles working. The customizable tutorial that doesn't edit the EBOOT works, meaning I made a VHBL bubble that still launches Ape Escape. Qwik just released an ISO for the ARK launcher for the Major Gas bubble. I'll have to work on it either this weekend if nobody's announced anything.
Try following that video (go to the youtube page, there"s some stuff needed in the description), rather than editing an existing bubble it actually creates a new one. Worked very well for me. My issue with everything before this was that everything I tried to run launched, displayed the startup.png, then exited without an error. I tried some quite old iso's I had from the PSP days which also didn't work, but it must have been they weren't perfect backups. I also had no exploitable game, so to be able to get one running and then run an exploit within it is still a huge win for me. :yaypsp:

I'm hoping if I change the region I should be able to run the EU or JP exploit. Do you know if those have the 1mb limit as well?

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll probably be happy to hear that running a foreign game with these bubbles works fine. No need to change regions. I just tried the Rockman Rockman exploit and everything went fine, grab the Rockman Rockman iso (got it from emuparadise as I couldn't find a link to a .pkg) and do the above to get it running, sync the rockman exploit save, then use a youtube video to navigate the game and get it running. No 1MB limit.

Note: It uses an outdated vhbl that uses the psp/game folder to install, so update the save file with the menu from say the PHP exploit.

EDIT: QwikRazor87 figured out what was causing so many people to have issues with the bubbles. If like me, it showed the startup.png, then exited. It's probably because compression is set to off (1), in Fake NP. Open the folder, open the config txt, set it to on (0). Then redo the eboot. Should launch after that fine. Now using ARK ^_^

Last edited by Yamagushi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time