Done Thinking For Myself - 3DSXL FW 8.4 Stupidly Spoofed to GW3D 9.8.0-25U

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Swing, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    Ok so like a lot of people U updated in GW mode today. Well I can't play my ROMs but I can bring up the GW menu. I end up f*cking things up too much thinking for myself. When people talked about backups for NANDs I just backed up my entire SD card to save everything, that works right? Anyways when I bought AoT for the scene (you know what I mean, everybody wanted it and somebody had to do it), I believe I backed up my 4 GB card. I think I also did it a week ago when I let my fiancee play Animal Crossing just incase she hit the wrong button. So what are my options? How can I downgrade GW mode and keep AoT as well? Do I just replace my 4GB card with the older data and keep the recent .sav files? Or do I downgrade it from GW mode? What are my options here and can somebody please walk me through it? Please? I had to take the 4GB card out of my old reg 3DS to download AoT for you guys which untied having the same profiles and being able to play AoT on both of my 3DS' by just swapping the SD card I'm not trying to sound like a douchebag saying you guys owe me cuz I took one for the team lol but I work and don't have much time hence my noobieness so pretty please some help?

2. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    Nothing you can do but wait if you don't have an emuNAND backup made with emuNAND Tool.

3. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    If you're brave I'd make a backup of the EmuNAND as it is now, then try to:
    1. Make sure you made that backup from above, because always backup
    2. Establish what changed in 9.8
    3. Find those files from 9.7
    4. Grab them with 3DNUS
    5. Try to install them and reboot the console (into EmuNAND of course) and see if it worked
    Since I've never used EmuNAND this could be stupid, and I'm sure someone with more knowledge will quote this and point out how wrong I am, but eh.
    After all, if only those handful of files are changed, it should make sense to install the old ones back...

(This assumes your local CIA installer works. I've only heard of the ROM menu and region free being broken, so I am assuming already installed CIAs are fine... if that's not the case then this is a waste of post.)

Melon__Bread likes this.
  4. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    That is your payment for thinking for yourself, I hope you've learned your lesson but also I hope you don't do that ever again, ALSO I hope your 3ds gets fixed

5. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    To backup your nand, you gotta do it through the gateway menu. To backup your emunand, you gotta download emunand tool, insert your SD card into your PC, and use emunand tool to extract your emunand. If you did that for your pre-9.8 emunand, you could have restored it. Anyways, now you know. And thanks for taking one for the team haha

6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you have devmenu installed in the emunand i guess you could reinstall 9.7 via the cias, you would not need to version spoof them or uninstall the old ones because the newer gw launchers patch that little version check in fw so you can downgrade if you wanted to.
    if nativefirm was not touched in the 9.7->9.8 upgrade then it should be pretty safe :)

7. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    There's no program to downgrade GW mode? I have title Manager up and under rx tools/nand/ there's the ticket.db for my game do I back that up or install it on a new nand?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok so how exactly do I reinstall 9.7 via .cia?

8. Melon__Bread

Melon__Bread ~It's A Magik~

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    2Hack likes this.
  9. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    You owe it to your 3ds to fix this shit and fix it right, start reading that post above ONE MORE DAMN TIME. Go ahead and take one for the 3ds this time and not for the team, who ever the fuck they are.

yuyuyup likes this.
  10. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    I'm looking at the links but I don't understand it's all gibberish to me. Goddamn PSP's and Vitas were SOOOOO much easier to hack. Maybe I'll check youtube? I do have 3dNUS but what exactly am I tossing in there? 2 different game titles and an ID? I've used it to downgrade my browser before, I don't know if it worked only some QR cheats could be injected.

keyslot 0x25 crypto output, with keyY=0/CTR=0:

347d0748ae5dfbb0f586d6b51465f1ff sha256 of that binary crypto output = acce7cd47ccbd41a8b9b8a4eace01b136b58bdb8e766fff8184c4b7fe6c34ebd

keyslot 0x2f crypto output, with keydata not changed and CTR=0:

763dcd3061531dc4292cb62030bdfcd7 sha256 of that binary crypto output = a239e765afe79553b2573eadb1aeb87f31d965b66f2063291b0f1dc0c25da319

echo -n "Yellows8 has had 0day total-control-haxx since early 2014." | openssl sha -sha256 = fe23fed747a367779041e9ae0fa84bf5ce90eb433d2756ccca74cfe01928c454

11. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

Easier to hack? Thats because the CFW was already created, all you had to do was install it. Start gettin technical

12. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    So are you saying just play all my games as .cias? Everything I research in this topic when I bring up the search engine talks about downgrading the FW not the GW mode. I still have FW 8.4 so what if I just formate emuNAND? It seems confusing and it seems like people when I search for further information in what you guys are talking about seem to switch EmuNAND and SysNAND around. Let me GET this straight. EmuNAND is the GW 9.8U I have right where I play my ROMS and that I have to launch from the browser or DS exploit AND SysNAND is MY REAL 3DS that isn't EMUlated where AoT is stored (that I bought) and is my REAL version where I can give my fiance my GWcard so she can play Animal Crossing on my regular 3DS and restart my 3DSXL and play AoT regardless right? So EmuNAND (Emulated where I play my ROMS in GW mode) and SysNAND my "real" version of 3DS with FW 8.4 right? EmuNAND fake and SysNAND real. Right?

13. bannana2

bannana2 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2008
    United States
    Spring Hill, KS
    Just wait...the style with which you write is contemptable, constable.

Maximilious and Melon__Bread like this.
  14. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    Wait I've found a previous NAND.bin that I can backup with emuNAND tool. How can I keep my saves for AoT??

Sorry I ate edibles just now.

15. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Are you using a N3DS or an o3DS? If you're using the old one, then maybe stick to .cia files for a while and just see when Gateway will release an updated launcher. It'll suddenly work. But if you want to revert it, then you need to already have YOUR OWN backup. Can't you backup your game saves using savedatafiler? Maybe not if you can't load the .3DS games...

16. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    Wait I'm retarded I've been stubborn thinking I want to use my 4GB card with AoT only. I setup my 2GB card I used to use on my XL on my regular for my gf. I'll just switch them back. DUH it's a bitch but I guess I'll hafta pick if I want to play AoT on XL or regular. Or just transfer all my saves to my regular. DUHHHHHH can't believe it lol.

This still f*ckin sucks I guess Sony and Nintento only sparingly release games in the US and update constantly because they make more money off the memory cards then they do on games. LOL bet it's the other way around in Japan.

17. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You can always downgrade emunand to 9.7. I downgraded many emunands to 9.2 and flashed them back to system nand when system transfer on 9.2 was still available from o3ds to n3ds

18. FirstLady

FirstLady GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2015
    United States
    I semi-bricked my first 3DS and was forced to update to latest firmware.

Then I bought another second hand 3DS and created a 101 threads and got some help and advice from some geniuses. Success and profit.

Don't try do everything yourself, especially when stuff can get bricks like this. SMH

19. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I think they are talking partially about me. So here once again is my advice.

Backup your emunand and sd card and attempt to downgrade. I have used sysupdater 0.4 successfully to downgrade. Worse case if it does brick it's only emunand and can easily be restored

FirstLady likes this.
  20. zelda51

zelda51 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2011
    France
    suippes