Hacking Emulation Best Wii U hack?

totalmcgotals

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am sorry for this question but which is the best hack for Wii U? There seem to be a few different hacks with a few different guides and I am not sure which one I should do and which guide I should follow.

I have a second Wii U that I bought specifically to hack. I have spare hard drives and SD cards knocking about that I can use for it.

The main things I want to do on the hacked Wii U is play Nintendo DS games on the big screen, GameCube games and Wii U games/DLC. Other emulators and homebrew software/ports would be nice as well. I'd like the DS games to have fully customisable controls and screen options that aren't available on the official Wii U VC if possible.

I've seen one method of hacking where VC games are injected individually per game. Is there a hack where I can just put a load of DS games on the Wii U and select one to play from a list or other interface without injecting every ROM individually?

I have bought a lot of Wii U games on my primary non-hacked Wii U prior to the eShop shutdown but I am worried I might miss a few or wish that I bought them a few years down the line so the Wii U functionality of my hacked Wii U would act as a safety net for that.

The reason I ask now is that the deadline for adding funds to the eShop is soon approaching and this new Wii U isn't and won't be attached to my NNID so I won't be able to add funds that way. I've seen that some hacks require DS games to be purchased and I've seen something about VC injects for playing DS games that weren't released on the VC. I don't mind paying for any software I need before the deadline - I just don't know what software, if any, that I need to buy.

Sorry if I've asked any obvious questions. I've only ever hacked one console before (the PSTV which only seemed to have one guide that resulted in a console which had everything I needed on it) and I don't really understand things like VC injects and other lingo for Wii U hacking at the moment. I think I've confused myself by looking at lots of guides that have technical language that I don't really understand.

Could somebody point me in the right direction for the correct hack and a guide to doing it? And also please confirm that I will be able to load DS (with customisable controls/screen options), GC and Wii U games/DLC onto it with minimal fuss?

Also if there is no consensus, is there anything I absolutely need to do before the end of August so I can hack it at a later date? Buy a particular bit of software on the eShop, do a back up or anything like that?

Thanks in advance for any help that people can provide.

totalmcgotals

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I Use Tiramisu, It's A Free Version Of CBHC And It Works Well.
Cheers for the reply, that's the one I was looking at as it's on the Wii U hacks guide.

Problem for me is that I don't know how it works after it installs as I've never used it before...

Can it do DS games on the big TV + gamepad? Do I need to buy any legit DS VC games first before I perform the hack or anything?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There seem to be a few different hacks with a few different guides and I am not sure which one I should do and which guide I should follow.
Tiramisu. Don't follow any other guide than https://wiiu.hacks.guide - this is a colleborative guide from CFW and homebrew developers, so it's the official guide and the information there is always up to date.
I've seen one method of hacking where VC games are injected individually per game. Is there a hack where I can just put a load of DS games on the Wii U and select one to play from a list or other interface without injecting every ROM individually?
This has nothing to do with the hack/cfw. Have a look if there are homebrew DS emulators available, I don't know. Beside homebrew emulators there's VC (which is basically an emulator from Nintendo) but this has the limitations you stated.
I just don't know what software, if any, that I need to buy.
You don't need to buy anything.
I don't really understand things like VC injects and other lingo for Wii U hacking at the moment.
As told: VC is basically an emulator by Nintendo. Injecting means, well, injecting ROMs into this. So they appear on the Wii U Menu like the VC games available on the eShop.
Could somebody point me in the right direction for the correct hack and a guide to doing it? And also please confirm that I will be able to load DS (with customisable controls/screen options), GC and Wii U games/DLC onto it with minimal fuss?
As told, too, for DS I don't know if there are homebrew emulators available. For GC you put Nintendont on the SD card and do injects. These will run golden. For Wii U have a look at NUSspli.
is there anything I absolutely need to do before the end of August so I can hack it at a later date?
No.

totalmcgotals

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies peeps, really appreciate it. I will use the Wii hacks guide website then. Sounds like I just need to do it and work out the rest once I've got Tiramisu installed.

When I said buy software, I meant, do I need to buy a legit DS VC game (before I install Tiramisu) to inject ROMs into. Apologies if that's a naive question

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb