fernetekhd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty simple question here.

So I'm using Dolphin to play Animal Crossing: City Folk. However, one thing I've always disliked about AC is that it uses a real-time clock, meaning that in order for me to do certain things or take part in certain events in the game I have to actually stay up late IRL.

Now there's an obvious solution: just changing the time on the game when you start or changing my computer's time.

However, the first is an annoyance and the second disallows me from visiting several sites (Google, for example).

So what I'm wondering is if there's a way I could have Dolphin either A) Run off an internal time (i.e. game's time only moves when it's running) or B) Connect Dolphin to a different server/clock, i.e. one that I could make run slower, faster, or only when I want it to.

fernetekhd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so the response I got from the Dolphin forums is to use Save States rather than AC's save system, as the Save State opens at whatever time it closed.

It's buggy and mildly risky, but it'd do the job.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I've actually been thinking about tinkering with Dolphin's RTC code, for research purposes.
If someone can point me to the source file it's in, I can make a patch that locks the time in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end