Gaming Does this look like DS Lite screen rot, or nah?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a DS Lite from a friend, and I keep it in its travel pouch, away from moisture, in a cardboard box with mostly paper and cords in it. When I bought it from her, the screens were flawless and only the R button doesn't work. But now over the course of a few years, it's been getting these weird diagonal lines that are noticable when bright colors are on the screen. I'm just not sure if it's screen rot, or maybe just needs new polarizers?

I'm no stranger to replacing screens in handhelds, and the tutorials look simple enough on youtube. I just want to make sure before I have to cash out money for new screens. Also, the pics don't show it very well, but the bottom screen is slightly more yellow than the top screen. It's slight, but it's there.

Thanks in advance.

20210210_104413.jpg
20210210_104204.jpg
20210210_104222.jpg
20210210_104240.jpg

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I am seeing it right, I had the same issue on one or two of my DS lite screens. I took one of those screens apart a while ago and the marks were visible on the backlight layers, so maybe you can fix the issue by only replacing some layers of the display, but I have no idea where you could actually buy those layers separately. It's probably much better and cheaper to replace the entire screen.

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?