Hardware Does this look like an authentic Pokemon Emerald?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
A couple of the reviews say they received a bootleg copy. Maybe, yes, look for a seller selling a single cart.
Keep in mind that those reviews are for the product in general and not tied to this specific seller. As far as the seller goes, he appears to only have 4 negative reviews, one of which describes a broken product with the rest complaining about how long it took him to ship the product. As mentioned before, I'd be wary that he's selling in bulk, but also know that eBay has a strict "no-counterfeit" policy which has them lean heavily on the customer's side when dealing with counterfeit complaints. If you do find out that the game is fake, eBay will almost certainly refund you. One method I remember for recognizing fake Pokemon games, that was at one time very reliable, was looking for the white Nintendo stamp on the PCB. Here's a picture of what I mean.
IMG_0102.JPG

I don't know if counterfeiters have wizened up to this yet, but if you get it and it looks at all like the one on the left, you know it's counterfeit. If you're uncertain, you can even post a picture of the game back here once you have it so people can help you confirm its authenticity as quickly as possible, giving you the best certainty for a refund.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope, that's a fake cart. Just by looking at the back of it, I can say for sure it's fake as Trump's tan
How? The image of the back is so overexposed that you can't see the imprinted text very clearly. The eBay listing itself is hard to judge, though. The 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th picture look legit to me. The front sides seem to have all the signs of a legit cartridge: holographic logo, proper "Game Boy Advance" font and you can faintly see the imprinted 4-digit code in the labels.

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that's a fake cart. Just by looking at the back of it, I can say for sure it's fake as Trump's tan
Just by looking at the back of it, I can say for sure it's real. Counterfeit boards don't have those four rectangles in the corner.

Attachments

• emerald.png
    emerald.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,393

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one in the picture is real.
however since he has plenty, you will likely get a fake
To be fair, the seller has several clearly different (but authentic) cartridges pictured on the same table. Not as many pictures as cartridges for sale, though, so counterfeits are still a concern.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.