Hacking Does the wood r4.nds file work and run on the scds2

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering this as i wanted one so i could have the gba emulator but i wanted better compatibility such as what wood r4 offers. So i was wondering if u can run the wood r4.nds file on the scds2 and be able to play roms through that

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the supercard ds two GBA emulator is good for dsi and 3ds as they can't use slot 2 cards

but most other card MUST have a slot-2 card (like the ez 3-in-1 to run gba games)
so you need a OLD DS,

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone who has a scds2 and wants to test it for me and maybe show a video if possible id very much appreciate it

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's possible to boot a hacked version of WoodR4. But that's not the current version of Wood R4 and doesn't have fixes for newer games.

/edit
The current Wood version doesn't work on the DS2. But the DS2's OS has a very good game support, too.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...better compatibility?

Mate, the DSTWO has possibly the best compatibility on the market. If a rom doesn't work out of the gate, you can set it to boot it in clean mode, which disables all cheats and emulates a retail cartridge. As far as I remember, the DSTWO was the only cart that could play the newer Pokemon games on day 0.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread's OP confused me a little. It first talks about GBA emulation, then it talks about Wood R4 and ROM compatibility. At first I combined them, but then I realised you meant DS ROMs, not GBA ROMs.

So, indeed, it is as Sicklyboy says. You can launch most of your NDS ROMs in "patch mode", which means you get real-time saves and cheats and all that, or you can launch any problematic ROM in clean mode and it will pass through, guaranteed. You wouldn't need Wood R4 at all. You only need the Supercard EOS.

As for the GBA emulator, get NDSGBA version 1.21 and its game_config.txt file for better compatibility. On your microSD card, put game_config.txt in a folder called "NDSGBA" at the root of your card. You may also be interested in running ichfly's gbaemu4ds, but first check its compatibility list.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to have a better gba compability with R4 ( i assuem you use http://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-emulator-for-ds-i-dsi-entry.281715/) and want a better compability with a scds2. it would be stupid to launch r4.nds first. You can better launch the emulator from the scds2 menu. But it wouldn't make any difference, because the emulator wouldn't use the extra processor from the scds2 simply because it isn't coded for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD