Hardware Does the Switch have a camera?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the IR camera on the joy-con counts as a remote if anyone wants to clarify that

But on the console itself, if you look closely on the bottom left of the screen there is a dark circle in the screen. Thats a camera right?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the IR camera on the joy-con counts as a remote if anyone wants to clarify that

But on the console itself, if you look closely on the bottom left of the screen there is a dark circle in the screen. Thats a camera right?
Nope it's a light sensor. No camera on Switch

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone can save me the trouble of making another topic I also want to ask what does the Switch pro controller have the Wii U pro controller doesnt.

So far all I got is

- better battery life
- gyro sensors
- NFC reader in the right analog stick (or was it the left?)
- Capture button
- missing power button

Am I missing anything?

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone can save me the trouble of making another topic I also want to ask what does the Switch pro controller have the Wii U pro controller doesnt.

So far all I got is

- better battery life
- gyro sensors
- Capture button
- missing power button

Am I missing anything?
Wii U Pro has power button and Better battery life

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U Pro has power button and Better battery life
I hope you understand that I was saying the SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER is missing the power button and has the better battery life. How could the Wii U pro controller have better than the Switch unless your saying they are equal.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you understand that I was saying the SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER is missing the power button and has the better battery life. How could the Wii U pro controller have better than the Switch unless your saying they are equal.
Wii U Pro has better battery life because it doesn't have to deal with NFC and gyro controls

And HD Rumble

Last edited by SANIC,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U Pro has better battery life because it doesn't have to deal with NFC and gyro controls
That doesnt make sense still. Those features aren't constantly in use so I'm not convinced the battery life is any worse for including them.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, the Switch would have had a shitty camera anyways.
Why would you assume that? Naturally as the years pass so would advancement in tech. However if game devs arent going to use them for anything than maybe its for the best to not have them at all.

The only time I ever had cameras used on the Wii U was for that F-Zero game in Nintendo Land. Never used the cameras ever again.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why would you assume that? Naturally as the years pass so would advancement in tech. However if game devs arent going to use them for anything than maybe its for the best to not have them at all.

The only time I ever had cameras used on the Wii U was for that F-Zero game in Nintendo Land. Never used the cameras ever again.
Because it would have. They would have slapped on a cheap camera for cheap gimmicks, then forgotten about it in week. Like every single camera they added in the past.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame, the 3ds camera was so amazing and everyone used it, would have been a great addition to the switch, gotta love Face Raiders man /s
If they had any reason to not include it, it would be the 3ds. Prevents devs from having qr code scanning, which was used multiple times for primary entry points on the 3ds.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

So far all I got is

- better battery life
- gyro sensors
- Capture button
- missing power button

Am I missing anything?
Not a feature more an Easter egg from Nintendo.The switch pro controller has a hidden message on the hardware too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-