Hacking Does SysNAND share wifi settings with an unlinked EmuNAND?

Allied

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because when I booted into SysNAND the WiFi user agreement was suddenly accepted, my WiFi access point set up, and automatically connected to it. Luckily, my access point sends update server requests to localhost, so, nothing bad could really happen, but it unsettled me, considering I'd unlinked the NANDs. Is this normal?

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because when I booted into SysNAND the WiFi user agreement was suddenly accepted, my WiFi access point set up, and automaticlly connected to it. Luckily, my access point sends update server requests to localhost, so, nothing bad could really happen, but it unsettled me, considering I'd unlinked the NANDs. Is this normal?

For most cases it doesn't even share with a linked nand as the settings are saved in the nand iirc, i don't know how it would suddenly be set up in sysnand unless you did it which it seems you didn't.

Allied

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For most cases it doesn't even share with a linked nand as the settings are saved in the nand iirc, i don't know how it would suddenly be set up in sysnand unless you did it which it seems you didn't.

Yes, I most certainly didn't set it up myself, and I made sure never to even accept the agreement in SysNAND. And I made sure to set it up in 9.0.BLAH.BLAH GW3DS system settings.

I unlinked the EmuNAND I use normally by formatting system settings with the SD card removed, and (thought I) confirmed it by having different themes and named folders in each NAND. I then set up another (linked) EmuNAND on another MicroSD in case I wanted to use something that needed a linked NAND in future, but, I don't see how that would affect the unlinked one that I use normally. And the usual SD card has two profile folders indicating the NANDs are unlinked.

So, what the f*ck.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just go to sysnand and make 3 blank connections, then go to emunand and set up internet as usual.
Because all 3 slots on sysnand are already filled it will never copy over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too