Does Supercard DSTWO work on the 3DS?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Doyouwantaspoon, Apr 12, 2011.

Apr 12, 2011
  1. Doyouwantaspoon
    OP

Newcomer Doyouwantaspoon Advanced Member

United States
    I'm thinking about giving my DSi to my nephew for his birthday and buying a 3DS, but only if my Supercard DSTWO will work on the 3DS.. Is there like piracy prevention that will stop my DSTWO from working properly?

2. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

Update the cart on your Dsi/lite/phat/XL first and you should be fine

3. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    more specifically, download "(For 3DS) DSTWO Fireware ver1.09(03-11)" and "DSTWO EOS v1.11(03-22)" from here and extract them both to the root of your microsd card

then when you boot into the plugin menu on your dsi/lite/phat/xl it will start updating (you might need to rename "dstwoupdate.dat" to "ds2update.dat" if it doesn't work the first time)

it should then work fine on any 3ds (in DS mode of course)

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I don`t want to make a whole new thread for this so I just describe here what happens when I try to use my DS2 on my 3DS:

First of all before I sold my DSL I`ve put the newest EOS (EOS v1.11) on my SC and I also did the 3DS-Update. Then when I got my 3DS I`ve started the 3DS and it showed AlexRider. I`ve started it and everything worked well. I got into the SC menu and I also played NSMB on it.

After all that I turned of my 3DS and turned it back on because I wanted to try the native resolution... So when I was at the 3DS-menu again AlexRider was still showing up and so I launched it while holding Select+Start. The screen stayed black and til now I haven`t managed to make it work again accept that very first time using the SCDS2 on my 3DS...

I already tried once to replace my data on my microSD with the EOS v1.11 again and I also redid the update ("(For 3DS) DSTWO Fireware ver1.09(03-11)" ) with another DS but the 3DS still stays black after selecting AlexRider. MicroDS-formatting doesn`t change anything as well [​IMG]

Oh, and the SC works on normal DSes...

Any ideas?

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    when did u get your dstwo? it might be one of the older models that is too slow to work on the 3ds

6. Jannet

Newcomer Jannet Member

France
    Just support games of DS/DSI on 3ds, are you clear?

7. Modariffic.com

Newcomer Modariffic.com Member

Australia
    As long as the SuperCard DSTWO you are purchasing has the newer hardware you should be ok. Please make sure with your reseller that you are purchasing a new card. Fortunately Modariffic have been lucky enough not to have received units that are of the older batch.

Good luck and hope this helps.

8. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Now I`m quite pissed, since I bought my SC from shoptemp late 2010 after my brother (he didn`t buy it from Shoptemp though) and his SC is working fine and mine doesn`t.

What I find really strange is that all the people with the problem of SC being recognized as AlexRider but not launching are having this problem constantly. I, however, was able to play NSMB once and after that it stopped working. That`s why I thought it was the problem the SC-Team supposedly have solved ((For 3DS) DSTWO Fireware ver1.09(03-11) - "Fixed: sometimes the cart cannot be recognized after resetting on NDSi/N3DS.")...

Hopefully they`ll find a solution soon though like I said my problem sounds more like the one they have solved but I did the appropriate update twice and no success [​IMG]