Hacking Does StartPatch for 4.1 actually require cIOS rev12+?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed start patch, not noticing that I had cIOS rev10 installed still (I had downgraded due to some issues I had been having). Should I restore my NAND backup and install startpatch again, installing cIOS rev12 first? Or should it not make a difference?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do the hacks you installed work? If so, don't fix what's not broken. If you find the hacks don't work, go ahead and restore (or just reinstall your system menu), then cIOS rev12, then StartPatch it.

I always wondered why they say it needed it too. I use preloader, so i haven't experimented.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything seems to be working, but I haven't tried restoring any copied saves that usually have copy protection or anything, so I'm not sure...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still quite confused as to what's in rev12 that they claim makes it work...

Try copying a save. If it works fine, don't fix it.

If it is broken, try updating cIOS, and re-startpatching it. It shouldn't really need a restore assuming it failed to write the patches in the first place.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I decided to go ahead and start over with cIOS v14. I have one question, though. Is it supposed to still not allow files like SSBB to be moved? Just copied? If so, is it safe to copy the file to my SD card and delete it from the system memory, then copy it back when I want it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it