Hardware Does original XBOX one has an HDMI retimer chip?

SolidSnakeUk89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an XBOX One (original 1st gen fat one) with mobo 011113-884497-001 Rev F-2 - came in with no power. change mosfet and now has power! but no image through HDMI - I changed the HDMI port in case that was bad but still no image.. anybody know if this one has a re-timer chip like the xBox 1s?

anybody have any ideas?

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
no, original Xbox One (model 1540) don't have Retimer chips, they do have ESD protection circuitry for HDMI source and EMI filters for data lines, so I would check those if you think the issue is with the video output. I would also check if it actually boots to the menu (hard drive working or not), because if it doesn't display - often failed HDD will prevent it from showing anything on the screen

SolidSnakeUk89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, original Xbox One (model 1540) don't have Retimer chips, they do have ESD protection circuitry for HDMI source and EMI filters for data lines, so I would check those if you think the issue is with the video output. I would also check if it actually boots to the menu (hard drive working or not), because if it doesn't display - often failed HDD will prevent it from showing anything on the screen
thank you!

yes HDD seems to spin, I put my hand and I can feel it moving and make little sounds. also the disk unit make sounds like checking for disk

I will check the filters and caps around to see if anything is grounded and revert back shortly

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
to easy check if HDD is working properly and Xbox actually boots to the menu - wait couple of minutes after you turn it on, then press the Sync button and see if the power button starts flashing and if you can sync the controller to the system. If controller syncs to the system and you can turn the system off by just pressing the power button once - then HDD is fine. If no response from the system when sync button is pressed and you can't shut if off (have to unplug the power cord) - then HDD has failed

Reactions: SolidSnakeUk89

SolidSnakeUk89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @testerfan I just wanted to thank you !!

It was the HDD in the end, I checked it in the computer and it wont even come up.. so I replaced it, used the scripts to create all the partitions and OSU1.. and all sorted the XBOX works fine

thank you so much !!

Last edited by SolidSnakeUk89,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Ggmama28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @testerfan I just wanted to thank you !!

It was the HDD in the end, I checked it in the computer and it wont even come up.. so I replaced it, used the scripts to create all the partitions and OSU1.. and all sorted the XBOX works fine

thank you so much !!
Hey we are having to replace our HDD as well any tips?

Wafflestomp

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If the HDD and the HDMI port isn't the problem then how would you go about fixing the issue and do you have links to videos on how to fix at all. Any help would be appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.