Does m3 real fit my requirements

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by path, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008

Does m3 real fit my requirements by path at 5:00 AM (2,488 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. path
    OP

Newcomer path Member

India
    Hi
    Im buying a nintendo ds lite and Im trying to choose the right cart to buy. What I want is the ability to use a bunch of games. Use a decent amount of the homebrew (like play videos, music, use the browser) and be able to save anywhere (since Ill often be stealing time to play).

2. AeroHex

Banned AeroHex Banned

Australia
    yeah it will do all that but, you need a slot-2 expansion for the ds browser but if you get the m3 real perfect pack it has a slot-2 thing for it [​IMG]

3. path
    OP

Newcomer path Member

India
  4. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Yep, that's the one.

For that price you get the Slot-1 flashcart, the Slot-2 memory expansion, and all the shells.

If you get the CycloDS, you just get the Slot-1 flashcart. You'd have to spend an extra $20US or so for the Slot-2, which would bring your total to over $60US if you want a CycloDS + the ability to play GBA ROMs.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    isnt the cyclo $50?

so it would be around $70 with the slot-2

6. path
    OP

Newcomer path Member

India
    thanks a lot guys. Let me rephrase my question another way so I make sure I really understand what Im doing. What features will I lose or not get by choosing the m3? What is it other people can do that I wont be able to? Like I heard something about bad homebrew support? Or is there a chance some types of games might not work?

Also I also need to buy a microsd card right?

7. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am using the M3 Real and I can use pretty much every emu that I am aware of. Like Genesis, NES, Game gear/mastersystem, GBC, SCUMM, and Neogeo. Snes emulation is a real hit or miss, and isn't dependable though.
    I highly recommend getting an 8GB micro SD. There are way too many good games out there for a 2 or 1GB to handle. Also, be sure to get a package that has the GBA slot 2 pack. It's awesome having so many GBA or NDS games all in one cartridge.
    Also, I haven't found a single game (so far) that my M3 Real won't handle. Firmware is released quite often, sometimes just for single games that aren't working. In closing, I don't think you can do wrong using the M3 Real.

8. juntok_abot

Member juntok_abot GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    for "able to save anywhere"
    you need real time save function, one candidate is scds1

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    what are talking about

m3 real has RTS O.o
    for both NDS and GBA games

10. Densetsu

United States
    M3 Sakura has bad homebrew support, but M3 Real (aka TouchPod) is good with homebrew. You can use both firmwares on the M3 Real flashcart.

It used to be that the CycloDS had real-time save over M3 Real, but that is no longer the case. You can use RTS for GBA and NDS ROMs with the TouchPod interface (but Sakura currently lacks RTS for NDS ROMs).

Off the top of my head, one feature that CycloDS has that you won't find on TouchPod or Sakura is the in-game guide, which lets you access walkthroughs in-game. It also has Evolution Tools, a pretty cool utility for interfacing your CycloDS with your PC.

CycloDS has a much better interface than TouchPod, but I think that Sakura is a better interface than CycloDS.

If good support is your thing, the CycloDS is unbeatable. They have frequent updates and a responsive, English-speaking development team.

Whether you go with an M3 Real or a CycloDS, I don't think you can go wrong.
    Are you using SNemulDS? I'm using the latest version and it works really well for me (at least, for all of the ROMs I've tried). If you haven't already, try this version (released June 18th, 2008).

11. juntok_abot

Indonesia
    that's good, i know only scds-1 because i owned it
    thanks that you know more..

12. Perseid

Member Perseid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you play GBA games the M3 Real with GBA expansion is where it's at. The EZ-5 3-in-1 doesn't even come close to the speed and ease of the M3 GBA cart. That said if you DON'T want GBA the M3 Real will still do you fine but there are other cheaper cards.

EDIT: I can't type today

13. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    currently there are a few cards that have RTS now

CycloDS
    SuperCard DS One
    EZ Flash V+ (its bad though, crashes about every time you use it, or so ive heard...)
    M3 DS Real
    iTouchDS

14. path
    OP

Newcomer path Member

India
    cool thanks a lot guys. I think Ill go for this. So in closing I should be buying this package which has a slot 2 pack and an 8 gb card. Is this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14165 a good deal do you think? I think it has a usb tf reader (the picture has one) but the text doesnt say this.
    Additionally I see these cards
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13305
    and
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11241
    Im uneasy about the generic card and the price seems three times? Maybe I should stick with the 4 gig.

15. juntok_abot

Indonesia
  16. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The card reader included with the M3 DS Real kit sucks. Don't use it.

As for the memory card, I would not go with a no-name product. I personally use and recommend Kingston's micro SDHC. I have a link to what I got, but since it appears you're not from the US, well...you're gonna have to find it elsewhere, due to shipping limitations. But this is what you need to find.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134720 (4GB version)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134795 (8GB version)

17. Densetsu

United States
    I'm waiting for this to come out. I encode my DVDs into DPG and put movies and entire MP3 albums on mine. I can easily fill up 8GB, so I definitely need the space.

18. path
    OP

Newcomer path Member

India
    what exactly is wrong with it? Out of curiosity? Ill probably be limited to DealExtreme so is there a specific brand of reader I should be looking for? I guess for one now Ill use the 4 gig kingston I found on DX.

19. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I agree with you Densetsu, completely! I can never have too much of a space..I already have 10GB in total, and all filled up!

I'm using my flashcarts for multimedia a lot (not so much for music), but I'm watching lots of movies, and I have actually read the whole leaked Harry Potter (last one) on my NDS!

20. path
    OP

Newcomer path Member

India
    sorry again, why is this a problem?