Homebrew Does hardmod restoring come with pre-installed A9LH?

dudephanith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i already installed A9LH and then i backup my sysNand using feature sysNand backup in Decrypt9WIP.
In case i want to restore that backup by using hardmod. Will it come with A9LH pre-installed or only just my normal sysNand?
Remark: Stupid me have lost the backup before installing A9LH.

dudephanith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It'll only come with a9lh when he restores the nand for you. If you restore a backup with a9lh installed, it'll have a9lh of course.

Thanks for replying.

1. let's say, i restore my sysNand using Decrypt9 feature "NAND restore" not "NAND restore (keep A9LH)", so it will restore my 3DS to it previous state which is without A9LH, correct?

2. If my 3ds has no A9LH anymore and then i restore it using the sysNAND file which i backed up while i have A9LH via hardmod since i can't use Decrypt9 anymore. After restoring, my 3DS will have A9LH pre-installed, correct?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can do "keep a9lh" restores with hardmod by using a flashing tool like dd that allows you to skip certain bytes of your image -- the secret sector and kernel partitions: that's actually all that option does, despite the name and its main usage it's not strictly connected to a9lh

Therefore:

2- yes

1- if you restore a backup made without a9lh, the non-keep-a9lh restore will remove it; if the backup contains a9lh, that same option will reinstall it.

Last edited by Ryccardo,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is, can you restore literally ANY kind of brick with a hardmod restore, making you absolutely invincible?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah so it's no better than having A9LH and using Hourglass9/Decrypt9? My friend is about to get a hardmod with a detatchable cable + SD.
It IS better. If you brick your A9LH installation, for example, a hardmod will allow you to restore a NAND backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr