ROM Hack Does GATEWAY3DS need a private header to play online game?

Does gateway3ds need aprivate header?

• Total voters

Hasaosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fermently hate cia's got all my games in .3ds So yeah. unfortunately that is the only way for me.
the ONLY reason to dl a .3ds file is for sky3ds... buy a large microsd (unless ur on o3ds thrn stop worrying about hacking and worry about upgrading) and put the cias on it and install... no need for hassel.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the ONLY reason to dl a .3ds file is for sky3ds... buy a large microsd (unless ur on o3ds thrn stop worrying about hacking and worry about upgrading) and put the cias on it and install... no need for hassel.
The thing is, i got ALL my games in .3ds format already (like 130 games) and i don't want to convert them, install them etc etc.)
+ u can't plug and play switch SD cards without rebooting the 3ds. so yeah.. fuck cia's lol. :D And have been doing great. Just the header thing sometimes is a nag.
I just made an early decision to stick with gateway and .3ds

Hasaosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, i got ALL my games in .3ds format already (like 130 games) and i don't want to convert them, install them etc etc.)
+ u can't plug and play switch SD cards without rebooting the 3ds. so yeah.. fuck cia's lol. :D And have been doing great. Just the header thing sometimes is a nag.
I just made an early decision to stick with gateway and .3ds
u realize u can redl them in ur sleep right to ur 3ds right?

Heck tho if u wanna stick with .3ds files for w/e reason get a sky3ds+... will work fine with gateway (once u go into gw mode just switch carts) and they have a special thing on their card that will auto inject the ph u give it to ALL ur games. (Im using my pokemon x ph for example)

Then to solve ur "reinstalling every game" issue... u can do it in ur sleep xD just get any .cia downloader (fbi seems to be the cirrent fave of people) and get the "freeshop" cia (look on youtube for a tutorial altho its pretty self explanitory) and u can dl all the games u OWN (dont be a salty pirate ya hear) all in one place... it has a queue UNLIKE the official nintendo store.

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Heck tho if u wanna stick with .3ds files for w/e reason get a sky3ds+... will work fine with gateway (once u go into gw mode just switch carts) and they have a special thing on their card that will auto inject the ph u give it to ALL ur games. (Im using my pokemon x ph for example)

Then to solve ur "reinstalling every game" issue... u can do it in ur sleep xD just get any .cia downloader (fbi seems to be the cirrent fave of people) and get the "freeshop" cia (look on youtube for a tutorial altho its pretty self explanitory) and u can dl all the games u OWN (dont be a salty pirate ya hear) all in one place... it has a queue UNLIKE the official nintendo store.
I queue eshop stuff all the time, by clicking download later and closing the lid. Then I plug it in for good measure.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Downloading games you own with freeshop is still illegal. To make it "legal" you need to dump your own cartridge.

Hasaosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading games you own with freeshop is still illegal. To make it "legal" you need to dump your own cartridge.
Dumping games you "own" is still illegal kiddo.. cazz you don't "own" the games... might wanna learn how thid stuff works b4 making a fool out of yourself.

So yea dumping is againt the law as its still "making a copy" of copyrighted stuff....

HuskyXD

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i use gateway with lumas cfw a9lh. Best of both worlds. just remember never to update when in gateway because there's no firm protection.

Reactions: Deleted User

Hasaosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use gateway with lumas cfw a9lh. Best of both worlds. just remember never to update when in gateway because there's no firm protection.
im on 11.1 in my gw mode i dont see the problem in updating xD (i have 5 3ds's now xD)

Hasaosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I assume you are using emunand. I am using pure sysnand so that's why you don't update gateway in sysnand
11.1 GATEWAY MODE. the 3ds itself is like 4. somethibg or some crap xD i got it b4 u could run gateway on 9 so i never bothered to upgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU