Hacking Does Gateway 3.7.1 mset_usa.cia work on old 3ds?

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed this on a new 3ds and I am wondering if there is a different cia for the old 3ds?
Anyone used it?

I just upgraded an old 3ds from 4.5 to 9.2 and now I'm using menuxhax but I would like to have the option of "DS Profile" just in case. I have installed Gateway's payload to nvram (using the Gateway menu) and confirmed that the "DS Profile" entry point is not working so I will definitely have to install some mset downgrade cia if not this one.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. There isn't a different version for o3DS. n3DS does not have a n3DS exclusive title ID for MSET (System Settings), so that CIA will work on both an n3DS and a o3DS.

Actually the mset exploit won't work, as you said the cia is the same one but the rop loader it is not and Gateway never created one for o3DS.

Reactions: cvskid

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MSET payloads do work on o3DS with that downgraded MSET CIA. Just not Gatway's rop.

I thought there might be a few wrinkles. I've got rxtools 3 from sept. I had been using it most of the time and just reinstalling gateway's payload/rop/whatsit when I needed launch GW menu to dump a cart, use some other Launcher.dat to get xorpads, format SD card. But I'm seeing now that most of this (and more) can be done in rxtools.

So I can't use Gateway, use the one from rxtools? Which payload/rop/whatsit? rxinstaller has a bunch of choices: 4.x, 6.x, "DG", "NDG"? Before the 9.2 upgrade, I was on sysnand 4.5 and had used the one at the top of the list, 4.X I think.

Maybe this is more trouble than just going in through the browser slider thing again. I think I have all the N update servers blocked on the router.....

Anyway, what does this "rop" mean? Those in the know keep mentioning it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0