Hacking Does FlashMe void your warranty?

XtremeResident

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been asked a million times before flashing my friends's DSes. Does it void the warranty?
unsure.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the phat DS is has a little sticker on the SL1. Nintendo could look at this. If you flash the DS lite which doesn't have a sticker on with the stealth flashme Nintendo would probably never notice.

XtremeResident

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i was aware that the phat DS has the little sticker over the SL1, but what i meant was if it voided the warranty on a DS Lite since it has no sticker.

If you send Nintendo a flashme_stealth DS Lite, do you think they can somehow tell if its been flashed?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah i was aware that the phat DS has the little sticker over the SL1, but what i meant was if it voided the warranty on a DS Lite since it has no sticker.

If you send Nintendo a flashme_stealth DS Lite, do you think they can somehow tell if its been flashed?

All nintendo will do is throw it away and send you a replacement. People on here have sent back flashed DS lites with flashme stealth installed and got them changed. Nintendo will have far too many being return to test them. The only way they could test them is to use something like the supercard on them
laugh.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
these are questions no one can answer unless they work in consumer affairs @ Nintendo. Everyone will just feed you what they think or what they've read. Nintendo has made no statements regarding anything like this. But it's pretty straight forward to know that once a ds is flashed, the warranty is thrown out the door....just like every other electronic modified to do things it's not supposed to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc