Gaming Does Final Fantasy 3 rom need a patch or something?

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get it to work. For that matter, FF4 and Crystal Chronicles also don't work on my Acekard. Is that a Square right protection?

Is there some kind of patch?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of those have protection, or so I thought. I've played all of them on my original R4 and they work fine.

Try downloading them from a different source and try again. Do other games work on your Acekard?

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I think there was a problem with Echoes of Time but I fixed that with an AR code at the time, I'm fairly sure that its been fixed by firmwares. Try formatting your card and copying the latest firmware

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah most other games are working on the Acekard. I'm having some saving issues on a few of them but these Square ones won't even get past the title screen.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the latest firmware (any for Acekard), no Final Fantasy DS games should give you errors or problems. It must be your roms, try them in an emulator. If they don't work there, get some different ones. Did you trim them or anything? Rarely, that can break games. And yes, do format your microSD. But what exactly are the games doing? Black or white screen on boot? Freeze ingame? Error messages? Specifics would help.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the latest AKAIO stuff.

The exact thing that's happening is I'll start it up, it'll be fine and even play the opening FMV. But as soon as that's over or I press start, the screen just stays white and it doesn't continue

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same trouble with my sd card. It wouldn't play final fantasy 3, but it would ff4 and other games not ff3.
It load up there would be two black screens plus a pitch sound through the speakers.

What I did was buy a SDHC card and it runs final fantasy 3 ok now.

Because the other card was just SD card maybe that was a problem.

I am using An Edge cart with os1.7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show