Hacking does DIVINEO.COM sell fake R4 ds'?

pacman_89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/hb-ds-r4

Im worried now that the new firmware will brick DS' that have fake R4s in them. The R4 in the picture is white i thought they where black? Please tell me if they are fake or not so i can cancel my order asap

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pacman_89 said:
www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/hb-ds-r4

Im worried now that the new firmware will brick DS' that have fake R4s in them. The R4 in the picture is white i thought they where black? Please tell me if they are fake or not so i can cancel my order asap

Cancel your order, and get a better cart. That'll be a good move.

Buying a R4 at this point is just a stupid.

pacman_89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
should i get an iTouch DS instead? im cheap so its either that or the R4............R4 seemed really easy to use when my friend showed it to me and videos of the iTouch's menu confuse me.......is divineo.com legit?!

pacman_89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah but how do you add moonshell to it?...should i get iTouch instead?...i dont want to seem impatient but i gotta decide soon before they process my order

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are white and black R4's. However that one from divineo seems fake because the description says "Support SDHC". The R4 does NOT have SDHC support, so this one must be a clone.

Anyway, get something else, like Acekard 2, CycloDS, TopTop DS, etc. The R4DS is old.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Divineo is legit but you're probably better off ordering from dealextreme.com. Heard people had some trouble with Divineo's US site but I had no problem when I ordered my first slot 2 cart. R4 is outdated, you should go for the iTouch or Acekard 2 if you want cheap.

iTouch can load the M3 Sakura firmware on it so you don't even need Moonshell. It plays MP3's in the rom menu.

pacman_89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im going to cancel my order right now. if you guys could tell me how to use moonshell on itouch that would be great, i downloaded the latest firmware for it and it doesnt seem to have moonshell file

Posts merged

whats the Sakura firmware? im new to all this stuff i feel so overwhelmed lol

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sakura is a firmware by m3 team. IMO its one of the best firmware so far, but at the moment it cant run homebrews since its a hacked fw. You can get a m3 real and use the tripleboot so you can use 3 fw, M3 real, Sakura and itouch.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im not sure which one is better but i only suggested that since its cheap. But from what i heard and read, DSTT is pretty good.

pacman_89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my god this stuff seems so complicated to me, it sucks being a noob...im going to stick with the iTouch but i dont know if should buy it from divineo.com........PLEASE TELL ME IF ITS FAKE OR NOT

superdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

pacman_89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all this Sakura stuff is confusing me.....i just want to play Jump Ultimate Super Stars, for some reason im allowed to use my parents credit card to buy this but they wont allow me to get a game thats a different language becuase they think its a waste of money....would i be able to play JUS on Sakura

PS: is divineo fake or not?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pacman_89 said:
all this Sakura stuff is confusing me.....i just want to play Jump Ultimate Super Stars, for some reason im allowed to use my parents credit card to buy this but they wont allow me to get a game thats a different language becuase they think its a waste of money....would i be able to play JUS on Sakura

It's just a firmware made for a certain product. There are 2 firmwares. The normal one, and the Sakura. You can choose which ever you like.

And if you're gonna play JUS, there is a translation patch for the game, so you should get it. Most of the game is translated that way, and you should be able to run it fine.

Also, ItouchDS is a good choice. It's better than a R4. Not sure about the Sakura firmware, but the game works fine on the normal firmware.

pacman_89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok im going to get iTouch but how do i put moonshell on it?......i dont care about homebrew and all that other stuff all i want from this flashcart is to be able to play DS games, watch movies, and play mp3s which is why i was leaning towards r4 because its very easy to do on it, but now knowing about its issues im going the iTouch route since it seems to be a good alternative

IS DIVINEO A FAKE OR NOT?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pacman_89 said:
ok im going to get iTouch but how do i put moonshell on it?......i dont care about homebrew and all that other stuff all i want from this flashcart is to be able to play DS games, watch movies, and play mp3s

IS DIVINEO A FAKE OR NOT?

All you need to do is download the Moonshell programs in GBAtemp's download center, and put it onto the micro sd card.

I heard lots of mixed reviews from Divineo, so I'd rather not buy from them. DealExtreme is a good place to buy, but their shipping takes around 2-4 weeks to deliever. They got a free shipping worldwide, so any order you buy from them comes with free shipping. It's slow, but free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm