Hacking Does CFW loses warranty?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but if the 3ds breaks while cfw is installed how would the op remove the cfw??
The Shameful Guide in uninstalling custom firmware on a nonbootable n3DSXL by temporary borrowing another n3DSXL from Target or Walmart because you don't want to lose out on money and Nintendo Warranty hasn't expired yet.

Adjust for your local regional electronic stores.
Edit 1 - I forget. This method won't work as Europe stopped selling brand new n3DSXL in stores.
Edit 2 - Nvm. OP in South America. Maybe it might work, although that's brazen to do in Brazil of all places.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know your country's laws but many places have rulings that say things like "unless your actions caused the fault the warranty is still active".

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am not seeing how that would apply. Such rulings are usually to prevent restrictive EULA or similar agreements from causing such things.
You broke EULA, thus we don't have to do our part of EULA (e.g. repairing your console and providing services directly from ninty). Doesn't it work that way? Or HW repair is not under EULA?

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
You broke EULA, thus we don't have to do our part of EULA (e.g. repairing your console and providing services directly from ninty). Doesn't it work that way? Or HW repair is not under EULA?

A EULA can not overwrite local law. Also your legal warranty is not part of the EULA, despite what manufacturers would like people to think.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on your country of origin. Here in Scotland (not sure about the rest of the UK) EULAs are illegal and the law states as long as your console was not broken by your mod then the maker of the console must fix it under warranty should it break. Both Sony and Microsoft were refusing to fix modified consoles that broke due to no fault of the mod and both companies ended up being sued for a huge amount of cash.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Legally no

just like how warranty void stickers are not legally enforcible thanks to the Magnuson Moss warranty act of 1975 modifying/replacing firmware is also not a violation.
they will say its against there EULA, but a EULA is not a contract and even if it was since you could hypothetically mod a device without agreeing to it, then that wouldn't be applicable even in this hypothetical scenario.

it would be against DMCA so if they have evidence they could sue you but that also would not affect the warranty

TLDR: No they will only use scare tactics thus why so many people think these things void warranty.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original rulings applied to cars but were extended out into other aspects of warranty law.

A typical example would be if you put some fancy mod on your car engine and it blows the engine up and that is all on you, however if your door lock fails because of their workmanship then they still get to fix it.

For a console if the OP bricked it doing a mod then their problem, however if the button stopped working because of a material defect within the warranty period (whatever that might be*)

*various EU laws do fun things here. UK sale of goods act being the one I am most familiar with and having lines like "has to be fit for purpose for a reasonable amount of time for the device", though it changed subtly a few years back
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...w-long-do-you-have-to-return-a-faulty-product

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Shameful Guide in uninstalling custom firmware on a nonbootable n3DSXL by temporary borrowing another n3DSXL from Target or Walmart because you don't want to lose out on money and Nintendo Warranty hasn't expired yet.

Adjust for your local regional electronic stores.
Edit 1 - I forget. This method won't work as Europe stopped selling brand new n3DSXL in stores.
Edit 2 - Nvm. OP in South America. Maybe it might work, although that's brazen to do in Brazil of all places.
I still see even N3DS sold in stores and I'm in Europe (I guess until stocks are exhausted)

D

Deleted User

If you use a stealth patch boot.firm on the ctrnand with a blank sd card,they wont be able to tell the difference,unless they use a region locked gamecart.

All i have to do is set it up so no menu's pop up while i hold down any buttons,such as select which would normally activate luma config.If you still have the 4gb sd card or micro sdcard that came with your 3ds before you upgraded it for more storage,you can use that to hide your homebrew applications on your main sdcard.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated