Hacking Sending to Nintendo with CFW?

SavageMariwak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. Anyways, I have a huge dilemma. I was playing pokemon US when my screens turned off and heard a popping sound on my New3DSXL. After doing some research found that it could possibly be the ribbons for the LCD/Speaker/Camera. Out of curiosity looked on Nintendo for repair costs and it found out my console is still under warranty so it would be repaired free. Problem is I have CFW and can't turn my 3DS on to uninstall before sending it in. Are there any ways I can get around this? I have a bunch of games ive downloaded and some CIA games as well. Any ideas or help very appreciated!

BTW its luma cfw b9s

Last edited by SavageMariwak,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't turn in your hacked n3DSXL to Nintendo in case they find out and deny the repair warranty. Also, you can't uninstall your custom firmware in its current condition because of the instant shutoff. You might have the skill set to replace the speaker, camera, or top lcd assembly that's causing the popping noise but rather not risk doing it yourself nor willing to pay out your own pocket. What to do?

I hope you employ a better variation of this method that I'm presenting because it's an very evil thing to do. If your morals are extremely flexible and your handwork is flawless where no one is the wiser.

The Shameful Guide in uninstalling custom firmware on a nonbootable n3DSXL by temporary borrowing another n3DSXL from Target or Walmart because you don't want to lose out on money and Nintendo Warranty hasn't expired yet.

1. Go to Target or Walmart and buy a n3DSXL Galaxy Edition with cash only at the next town over with sunglasses, hoodie, and deadpan facial expression. You do not want your identity tied to your purchase. Avoid directly touching the n3DSXL cardboard packaging with your hands. Use the shopping bag as barrier or wear mittens.

2. When you go back home, unpackage the newly bought n3DSXL as meticulous as possible. Wear thin latex or rubber gloves to avoid leaving behind smudges and finger prints. Disassemble both your main and temporary n3DSXL.

3. Swap the two motherboards. With your n3DSXL mobo in the 2nd n3DSXL body, backup all your saves and extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM and all your games / DLCs / updates with GodMode9. Also backup your SysNAND image with GodMode9.

4. After everything has been backed up, uninstall your custom firmware and do a System Memory Format.

5. Swap back your main n3DSXL motherboard back to its body and do the same for the temporary n3DSXL.

6. Ensure the second n3DSXL functions correctly. Repackage that n3DSXL in a untraceable like-new condition, just like you received it. Return the n3DSXL at a different store branch at the opposition direction where you bought yours from. Continue the facade of sunglasses, hoodie, mittens, and seriousness.

7. Send your n3DSXL over to Nintendo for repair work.

8. Go to a church, synagogue, mosque, or the next closest religious affiliation you believe in. Pray and confess your sin that you committed. If you're not particularly religious or at all, look up at the sky and shout to the universe that you're sorry for what you did.

9. I don't know, I guess stop feeling bad? An yes, go back to playing your fixed n3DSXL when it comes back.​

Reactions: Deleted User

SavageMariwak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol thanks for the reply. While I am a mechanic and work with my hands all day I don't trust myself enough to change out motherboards and stuff. Different dealing with 6 inch bolts to 6cm screws. I guess I'm stuck either repairing it myself or having a third party spot repair it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol thanks for the reply. While I am a mechanic and work with my hands all day I don't trust myself enough to change out motherboards and stuff. Different dealing with 6 inch bolts to 6cm screws. I guess I'm stuck either repairing it myself or having a third party spot repair it.
I presume automotive? Yah, this guide won't work for you if your line of work entails manhandling stubborn and rusty bolts with breaker bars and penetrating oil like Liquid Wrench. Sometime about callouses and some lose of nerve sensitivity will do that to your finer dexterity.

SavageMariwak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea automotive. Definitely leaves your hands beat up and sore. Still haven't got full feeling on the tip of my left ring finger after getting it pinched a few weeks ago. I'll try and look into how difficult it is to disassemble it and take it from there. Maybe ill just send it to Nintendo and let them do the work even though once its fixed they'll find out its hacked and most likely charge me for the repair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?