ROM Hack Does anyone know how to add custom music to Pokemon Sun and Moon?

PlatinumLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I'm new in the forums so sorry if I ask but is there a way I can only add custom music to Pokemon Sun and Moon?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do i do that step-by-step and what are the requirements?

I tried that but the problem is i don't know a guide to trust on the internet.
Make sure that you have the latest version of Luma3DS (v6.6).

1. Follow this guide to get your code.bin from the 1.1 update. (ignore step 8)
2. Download the IPS Patches that I made here.
3. Apply one of the SaltySD patches to your code.bin with Lunar IPS.
4. Place the patched code.bin inside of luma/code_sections. Rename it to either 0004000000164800.bin (Sun's title ID) or 0004000000175E00.bin (Moon's title ID) (depends on the game you're playing).
6. Make a folder on the root of your SD card called saltysd. Inside of that folder, make a folder called SunMoon. Inside that folder, make a folder called data. Inside of that folder, make a folder called sound. Your folder structure should look like sd:/saltysd/SunMoon/data/sound.
5. Place this test .bcstm file inside of the sound folder.
6. Enable your luma settings by pressing Select when you boot your system.
7. Make sure that "Enable region language emu. and ext. .code" is enabled.
8. Open Sun/Moon and run into a wild Pokemon. You should now hear the Wild Pokemon battle music from ORAS.

If it didn't work, start from the top again. I have a WIP list of sound files and what they are here. The file names have to be correct or else it won't work. All .bcstm files go inside of the sound folder.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

PlatinumLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that you have the latest version of Luma3DS (v6.6).

1. Follow this guide to get your code.bin from the 1.1 update. (ignore step 8)
2. Download the IPS Patches that I made here.
3. Apply one of the SaltySD patches to your code.bin with Lunar IPS.
4. Place the patched code.bin inside of luma/code_sections. Rename it to either 0004000000164800.bin (Sun's title ID) or 0004000000175E00.bin (Moon's title ID) (depends on the game you're playing).
6. Make a folder on the root of your SD card called saltysd. Inside of that folder, make a folder called SunMoon. Inside that folder, make a folder called data. Inside of that folder, make a folder called sound. Your folder structure should look like sd:/saltysd/SunMoon/data/sound.
5. Place this test .bcstm file inside of the sound folder.
6. Enable your luma settings by pressing Select when you boot your system.
7. Make sure that "Enable region language emu. and ext. .code" is enabled.
8. Open Sun/Moon and run into a wild Pokemon. You should now hear the Wild Pokemon battle music from ORAS.

If it didn't work, start from the top again. I have a WIP list of sound files and what they are here. The file names have to be correct or else it won't work. All .bcstm files go inside of the sound folder.

Before I follow these steps, do I need custom firmware? If so, how can i do it?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I follow these steps, do I need custom firmware? If so, how can i do it?
xtheman166 already gave you the best guide for getting custom firmware. However, if you already updated your system to 11.3, then you cannot take advantage of custom firmware and getting custom music in Sun/Moon.

PlatinumLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xtheman166 already gave you the best guide for getting custom firmware. However, if you already updated your system to 11.3, then you cannot take advantage of custom firmware and getting custom music in Sun/Moon.

Darn it, my dream is over! Since I already updated my 3DS to 11.3 a while back, there's nothing I can do about it and now I feel discouraged and wasted. Thank you for trying to help me though.

kalkat579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question i have put custom music in my game using salty sd and replacing the bctsm files works great but the songs do not loop when they end i just get no music at all how do i get the songs to loop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill