Does anybody even play the old Xbox anymore?

mfpants50

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played mine a lot (SNES games mainly) but the DVD drive is now broken and it won't boot.
frown.gif
I don't have $40 for a new drive.

SineWaveAu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a US version XBOX cheap 'cause they tried to plug it into our 240V system and it doesn't like it. Got a spare Aus PSU from a mate, but never got around to getting a mod chip. Want to get the Xecuter X3, cheapest I've found in Aus is xecuter.com.au for AU$85+$5.20 shipping. Any aussies found it cheaper? All I want is Halo 1 & 2 PAL, just for multiplayer when my gf comes over.
smile.gif

I've already modded the back panel with composite video, L+R audio, PCM coax and toslink digital audio, component + RGBHV through a VGA connector, and a 4way DIP selector switch for the different modes. Screw buying the custom cables
tongue.gif

- Adam

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i no longer play on the xbox, my main machine is my pc and then the ds, then the wii. i used to use the xbox as a media centre but now I don't and it's just sitting with a few games installed on a 130gb drive with some movies still on there, but it's pretty much redundant now. I kinda game my xbox to my half brother as he likes to play some of the older games

SineWaveAu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I just checked Divineo's shipping to Australia, US$11.99 for registered airmail and $59.99 for the X3 kit. With the savings, I was thinking about getting the X3 Pro switch (for US$9.99) to make it look pretty, but the black one is out of stock, only the green and clear crystal ones are there. I'm thinking about getting the clear one, would it look decent on my standard black xBox case? Or would the crystal green one look better?
Anyone need any LM1881 video sync seperators for making xbox-vga adapters/cables? I have four left over.

Zesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 isn't the best for Xbox, unless someone would like to point me to something that is 90% compatible.

I use the Surreal 64 emulator b5.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I just checked Divineo's shipping to Australia, US$11.99 for registered airmail and $59.99 for the X3 kit. With the savings, I was thinking about getting the X3 Pro switch (for US$9.99) to make it look pretty, but the black one is out of stock, only the green and clear crystal ones are there. I'm thinking about getting the clear one, would it look decent on my standard black xBox case? Or would the crystal green one look better?
Anyone need any LM1881 video sync seperators for making xbox-vga adapters/cables? I have four left over.

Clear would probably look better on a black box as it's see through it won't really stand out , the green would look nasty and stand out too much I think. Gotta say though , why not just softmod it? , this late in the xbox life along with the soft mods being so developed these days , it seems a waste to spend $60 on a chip , when you can achieve the same for free.

SineWaveAu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clear would probably look better on a black box as it's see through it won't really stand out , the green would look nasty and stand out too much I think. Gotta say though , why not just softmod it? , this late in the xbox life along with the soft mods being so developed these days , it seems a waste to spend $60 on a chip , when you can achieve the same for free.

Softmods have never really interested me, they require purchasing games and memory cards. I like hardwiring things, as you can tell by my custom backpanel.
tongue.gif

The X3 just has all the right stuff for me, and probably most people, too.
smile.gif

- Adam

Maat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yesterday i played Kotor 2 on it....
I still play a snes emulaotrs on it and mega-drive and sometimes MAME , i still prefer playing the xbox as an emulator because i don't have controllers in my pc ,and the xbox is in my room ,so i can play any time i want....
I don't like too the n64 emulaotr for the xbox,but one time i was really wanting to play Paper Mario for n64 ,so i used the xbox and the emulaotr to play ,of course it has some graphics glithes ,but it isn't something too horrible to not be played and i really enjoyed it..

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't own one yet but recently bought two XBox Games (on a sale)
When I get an XBox I wanna install the Media Center and Emulators too. :-)
(Well for Media I have a showcenter, thats just great combined with a NAS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily