does akaio support .cht file

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by clegion, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009

does akaio support .cht file by clegion at 6:38 AM (917 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. clegion
    OP

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    okay so i wanna use cheat on my games that i play on akaio + ez flash 3in1, can i use the cht file?, or do i have to use the patching thing

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Let's see shall we? First we go back onto the Acekard sub-forum without making another silly post, then we click on the AKAIO Wiki thread, and click on the link kindly provided. Next we go to the Cheats section, and read!

You just learned: How to do it yourself!

If you meant cheating on GBA games (I couldn't tell, you never specified GBA or DS, you just said Ackeard and EzFlash 3-in-1, so which is it, the DS roms or the GBA?) then no. I think the only flashcart that can do that in some M3 cart.

3. clegion
    OP

United States
    gba, sorry then for asking a stupid question, i am just wondering

Posts merged

gba, sorry then for asking a stupid question, i am just wondering

4. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I think there might be patches you can apply. But like I said, the only flashcart I know of that lets you select and apply scheats from the firmware to a GBA game is the M3.

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Yup GBA games would require a patch to have "cheats". Some people refer to the patches as trainers, I'm still not sure why they do that. I also don't see why people use cheats except for Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory games because they take FOREVER.

6. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    @ShatteredScreens
    Don't forget the Slot-2 Suppercard that can use cheats to [​IMG]
    And the EZFlash II/III/IV could also handle cheats for GBA (.cht)
    There where a few others to, but can't remmeber them, M3/SC/EZFlash or the 3 most wide spread of there kind
    (And all those other old flashcards that worked perfectly with a real action replay)

@Golfman560
    Also it depends on what you mean with patches.

- Modifying the original rom with attaching a little code to have an option to turn on/off cheats or select your cheats -> is still a "Trainers" in my eyes
    - Modifying the original rom with with altered code to lock/change/reset a value where you can't select anything -> i call that a "Hack"

7. clegion
    OP

United States
    kay better start, patching the game then, is there a way to do it in macintosh?, i am too lazy too switch to my pc