Homebrew Does a homebrew app to edit DSiWare saves exist?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get what you're thinking about, but I still don't agree people are doing these kinds of things and "hiding" them, since even now they would be useful for us. I don't get why they should wait for updates. But still, I guess I can wait. School started so I can't even spend much time gaming anyways.

BTW there isn't a kernel exploit for 11.0 yet.
It would benefit a lot more people if they waited for a new firmware for a release because it would work on the most recent firmware and on previous firmwares, and there are a few kernel exploits on 11.0, they just haven't released yet.

Last edited by ADS3500,

Matson25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It would benefit a lot more people if they waited for a new firmware for a release because it would work on the most recent firmware and on previous firmwares
That would be the same if they launched it now, also the new upodate could patch the exploit, then it would help less people.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would be the same if they launched it now, also the new upodate could patch the exploit, then it would help less people.
If someone figured out how to Dsiware downgrade without a second system, that would make sense to release sooner, but a kernel exploit downgrade would benefit a lot more people if it was saved for later. The only way Nintendo would patch it out is if they somehow found the same exploit before it was released. There's a bunch of kernel bugs, so there's a really low chance of Nintendo finding a specific kernel bug that someone is working on. They pretty much have to wait for an exploit to release before they can start patching it. I'm pretty sure that everyone on 11.0 that's interested in hacking is aware that they shouldn't update anymore, so even if Nintendo does patch an exploit that someone is working on, all of the people that didn't update would benefit from it.

Matson25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If someone figured out how to Dsiware downgrade without a second system, that would make sense to release sooner, but a kernel exploit downgrade would benefit a lot more people if it was saved for later. The only way Nintendo would patch it out is if they somehow found the same exploit before it was released. There's a bunch of kernel bugs, so there's a really low chance of Nintendo finding a specific kernel bug that someone is working on. They pretty much have to wait for an exploit to release before they can start patching it. I'm pretty sure that everyone on 11.0 that's interested in hacking is aware that they shouldn't update anymore, so even if Nintendo does patch an exploit that someone is working on, all of the people that didn't update would benefit from it.
Ok, kinda got it. Still, annoying for us, that don't have the exploit to do what we want.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, kinda got it. Still, annoying for us, that don't have the exploit to do what we want.
Sure, it might be annoying for 11.0 users, but think about it from the point of view of someone who has these exploits. Would you rather release it as soon as possible and only have a small amount of people benefit from it, or release it at the end of the system's life, where everyone can benefit from it and your exploit would be the one that's that's used by everyone? There's a reason why everyone says to stay on the oldest firmware possible, so the people that don't listen to others saying that have to wait a lot longer.

Matson25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sure, it might be annoying for 11.0 users, but think about it from the point of view of someone who has these exploits. Would you rather release it as soon as possible and only have a small amount of people benefit from it, or release it at the end of the system's life, where everyone can benefit from it and your exploit would be the one that's that's used by everyone? There's a reason why everyone says to stay on the oldest firmware possible, so the people that don't listen to others saying that have to wait a lot longer.
Sure, but do you think they would announce if it was the last firmware? They could stay with the same firmware for a year before announcing that. Also, you have to think about the people waiting for the hack. Even if it gets less recognition and less people use it, would you wait months to post your discovery just because you want to post it when it gets patched or on the last OFW? First of all, if it loses the point if it gets patched, to it's kind of a gamble, a 50% chance, and second, you'll lose the opportunity for people to enjoy your content just because you want to be famous.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure, but do you think they would announce if it was the last firmware? They could stay with the same firmware for a year before announcing that. Also, you have to think about the people waiting for the hack. Even if it gets less recognition and less people use it, would you wait months to post your discovery just because you want to post it when it gets patched or on the last OFW? First of all, if it loses the point if it gets patched, to it's kind of a gamble, a 50% chance, and second, you'll lose the opportunity for people to enjoy your content just because you want to be famous.
Nintendo usually stops supporting their current systems around the time their next system is about to launch, so they don't care as much about patching big exploits. The Wii U has had a kernel exploit available for several months, but they haven't patched it yet and now that the NX is releasing soon, they're going to mostly focus on that and they'll probably just patch the Wii U's kernel exploit, then stop releasing updates after that.
Homebrew developers aren't really focused on finding exploits anymore since there are already a bunch on lower firmwares. There are a few people working on exploits, but most people are focusing on software. It's not a 50% chance of Nintendo patching out an exploit before it releases. It's more like a 5% chance of that happening. You'll have to be patient if you want an exploit on 11.0. If an exploit is ready to be released, it will happen within the first few weeks of the next firmware update.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Matson25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo usually stops supporting their current systems around the time their next system is about to launch, so they don't care as much about patching big exploits. The Wii U has had a kernel exploit available for several months, but they haven't patched it yet and now that the NX is releasing soon, they're going to mostly focus on that and they'll probably just patch the Wii U's kernel exploit, then stop releasing updates after that.
Homebrew developers aren't really focused on finding exploits anymore since there are already a bunch on lower firmwares. There are a few people working on exploits, but most people are focusing on software. It's not a 50% chance of Nintendo patching out an exploit before it releases. It's more like a 5% chance of that happening. You'll have to be patient if you want an exploit on 11.0. If an exploit is ready to be released, it will happen within the first few weeks of the next firmware update.
Well, at least we can agree patience can't be avoided. It's goint to be some time to release the exploits anyways.

Changing from that, I just saw this!!!!!
This is just what I asked for and I need more info. Hope it's good news.

Edit: Info link BTW

Last edited by Matson25,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I"m not sure if that will work in 11.0.0-X as it state even if it gets to be functional at some point, that because the research made needed ARM11 svcBackdoor that was removed in 11.0.0-X.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well, at least we can agree patience can't be avoided. It's goint to be some time to release the exploits anyways.

Changing from that, I just saw this!!!!!
This is just what I asked for and I need more info. Hope it's good news.

Edit: Info link BTW
That quote I made was back in January. It still kind of applies, but we need a k11 sploit on 11.0 to even have a chance of finishing it.

Matson25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That quote I made was back in January. It still kind of applies, but we need a k11 sploit on 11.0 to even have a chance of finishing it.
I"m not sure if that will work in 11.0.0-X as it state even if it gets to be functional at some point, that because the research made needed ARM11 svcBackdoor that was removed in 11.0.0-X.
Welp, guess it's not gonna work then. Still I'm curious how they're going to do firmware downgrading in 11.0 since it checks for bigger numbers and such, but still I'm just waiting for one to make my N3DS into A9LH.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You can bypass the check with an ARM9 Kernel exploit, but there isn"t one at the time for an high version than 9.2.0-X also, if there"s one at some time in the future it should mostly what you can do in 9.2.0-X, and the ARM9 security of the system is more difficult to do so it maybe take a lot of time to see one if some time one is discovered.

Matson25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BootNTR needs kernel 11 to start NTR CFW, if we have a way to boot NTR with 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM, then we have a kernel 11 exploit.
You either should explain better or give us links to the information, because I'm really confused with what you're saying.

There are already ARM 11 Kernel exploits for 11.0.0-X but there aren"t publically released.
Yeah, pretty much what I said.

Last edited by Matson25,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
You either should explain better or give us links to the information, because I'm really confused with what you're saying
To boot NTR CFW we need a kernel 11 exploit. If we can boot the NTR CFW (Using the BootNTR application) on the 11.0 firmware version (and using 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM), then we have a kernel 11 exploit.
I'm sorry if I wasn't so clear in my last reply, I was kinda in a hurry =/

About a kernel 11 exploit to downgrade titles, heaphax was only partially fixed (I don't know the details), but MAYBE will happen as the menchunkhax 2 that was only partially fixed and then the devs found a way to bypass the problems and made the menchunkhax 2.1, or maybe not. Menchunkhax 2.1 was not totally patched on 11.0 too, but now it requires a extremely precise timing to execute (because of the new security checks in the kernel heaps if I remember it right). Nonetheless we still have to bypass/workaround the hardcoded list of minimum version to be able to downgrade, otherwise any kernel 11 exploit will be useless to downgrade a 3DS.

I'm not sure if you called me "special" or someone else, but if that mean "to have mental issues" you was super rude, doesn't matter who you called that. Not cool, man.

Matson25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To boot NTR CFW we need a kernel 11 exploit. If we can boot the NTR CFW (Using the BootNTR application) on the 11.0 firmware version (and using 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM), then we have a kernel 11 exploit.
I'm sorry if I wasn't so clear in my last reply, I was kinda in a hurry =/

About a kernel 11 exploit to downgrade titles, heaphax was only partially fixed (I don't know the details), but MAYBE will happen as the menchunkhax 2 that was only partially fixed and then the devs found a way to bypass the problems and made the menchunkhax 2.1, or maybe not. Menchunkhax 2.1 was not totally patched on 11.0 too, but now it requires a extremely precise timing to execute (because of the new security checks in the kernel heaps if I remember it right). Nonetheless we still have to bypass/workaround the hardcoded list of minimum version to be able to downgrade, otherwise any kernel 11 exploit will be useless to downgrade a 3DS.

I'm not sure if you called me "special" or someone else, but if that mean "to have mental issues" you was super rude, doesn't matter who you called that. Not cool, man.
All right, now I understand what you said. You were mumbling too much on the other posts, I didn't get what you were saying.

Also, really sorry about that... My country has some wierd customs, and, now that I live in the US, I'm too "informal" for my own good. I've already had some issues with that, and I'm really sorry for saying what I said.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
All right, now I understand what you said. You were mumbling too much on the other posts, I didn't get what you were saying.

Also, really sorry about that... My country has some wierd customs, and, now that I live in the US, I'm too "informal" for my own good. I've already had some issues with that, and I'm really sorry for saying what I said.

I hope you get what I said ^_^

Apologies accepted, just please don't do that anymore to nobody

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum