CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK - seems we've got a few Doctor Who fans on GBATemp so here's a Poll to decide Who is/was the best

There were quite a few more players (see Wiki for details) but I'm concentrating on the 'TV' (or 'TV movie') players

[I know Matt Smith has still got to prove himself, but I've added him anyway]

Please choose the Best and the Worse Doctor (In your Honest opinion) - but if you have more than one or an order of preference... why not post, & I may just do a league table & alter the first post accordingly

My top 3:
1:David Tennant
2:Tom Baker
3:Sylvester McCoy

My Bottom 2:
10: Peter Davidson
11: Colin Baker

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best: David Tennant.
Why? The funniest and the cleverest doctor. (btw, Never saw Doctor Who until David tennant was acting.)

Worst: Matt Smith.
Why? Looks like a fag. (btw, Never saw Doctor Who until David tennant was acting.)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best so far: David Tennant
Also like: Paul McGann; Jon Pertwee (loved the Auton stories)

I think I will like Matt Smith once we see his episodes.

@Hatsu: Just be glad that RTD and Barrowman aren't the Doctor.

[OT]Anyone watch the DT special of Buzzcocks?[/OT]

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Anyone watch the DT special of Buzzcocks?
I did...... Who'd imagine 'Donna' didn't know anything about the show
rofl.gif

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shelleeson said:
CannonFoddr said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Anyone watch the DT special of Buzzcocks?
I did...... Who'd imagine 'Donna' didn't know anything about the show
rofl.gif
i can't believe just how thick she is
rolleyes.gif
it was a very funny edition though
voted
All I can say is:

Barrowman! *shakes fist*

GoldenTalesGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Best Doctor: David Tennant
He's got such a manic energy, and plus, he can get away with wearing Converse high tops with a suit! Also, I love the little pop culture references he spouts, like when he refers to the Master as "Skeletor" in The End of Time: Part One.

Worst Doctor: Colin Baker
He struck me as being way too arrogant for his own good. He also had a hard time keeping his ego in check.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only started watching during the revamp with Christopher Eccleston, so I missed everyone prior to that. And like everyone on the planet, I enjoyed David Tennant immensely. I think it's not fair to Matt Smith to have him listed on EITHER poll. We saw him for what... two minutes at the end of the last series? And a bunch of daft promo pics. Give the boy a chance!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
I only started watching during the revamp with Christopher Eccleston, so I missed everyone prior to that. And like everyone on the planet, I enjoyed David Tennant immensely. I think it's not fair to Matt Smith to have him listed on EITHER poll. We saw him for what... two minutes at the end of the last series? And a bunch of daft promo pics. Give the boy a chance!
The reason I've added him is that I HOPE in the future people will still pop along to this thread & cast a vote (those who havn't voted yet that is) - there is also the possibility some people have already seen him acting in other shows & may get an impression of whether he's a 'good' actor or otherwise.

I agree it's a bit unfair since we havn't seen him in the role of 'The Doctor' yet but once the new season has started I may add a NEW poll or I may be able to alter the existing one

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Favourite:
David Tennant
Sylvester McCoy
Paul McGann - his audio works are excellent!
Jon Pertwee

Least Favourite:
Colin Baker, though I am starting to like him more
Tom Baker - good, but overrated
Hartnell and Troughton - only because I've not seen any of their stories, except the 3 doctors (didn't that not have hartnell though?

edit: I am actually REALLY looking forward to matt smith... I think he's going to grow into the role.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
I only started watching during the revamp with Christopher Eccleston, so I missed everyone prior to that. And like everyone on the planet, I enjoyed David Tennant immensely. I think it's not fair to Matt Smith to have him listed on EITHER poll. We saw him for what... two minutes at the end of the last series? And a bunch of daft promo pics. Give the boy a chance!QUOTE(alidsl @ Feb 7 2010, 01:26 PM) I don't think Matt Smith should be on the list as we haven't seen him in action yet
OK so some people don't think Matt should be included - so I've taken him off the poll (Until the new series starts)

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:

That's when I started watching the show, but I was watching it with a family member...I've only seen a couple of episodes with him and like 1 with the guy after him. So I guess I like Christopher Eccleston the best.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
For me my favourite Doctor will always be Tom Baker. There's a nostalgia factor in there cos he was the one I grew up watching. I also like him best though because he's the one who seemed the most distant, like he was so caught up in the wonders of the universe that everything else was just a distraction. I also preferred him because he was a more adventurous and less serious Doctor, like life was just a big game - even when fighting the enemy.

Worst Doctor ever was Paul McGann. Overly serious and lacking in charisma. He was just boring to watch.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TrolleyDave said:
For me my favourite Doctor will always be Tom Baker. There's a nostalgia factor in there cos he was the one I grew up watching. I also like him best though because he's the one who seemed the most distant, like he was so caught up in the wonders of the universe that everything else was just a distraction. I also preferred him because he was a more adventurous and less serious Doctor, like life was just a big game - even when fighting the enemy.
Would you like a jelly baby?

QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Mar 18 2010, 03:50 AM) Worst Doctor ever was Paul McGann. Overly serious and lacking in charisma. He was just boring to watch.
Wait, what?
wtf.gif
I enjoyed the movie, and I liked his Doctor. I wish there was more TV with him on; there's just EDA at the moment. The bit in the film where he was mentioned as half human was a mistake; that's been retconned to hell and back.
Also, would you like a jelly baby?

Occult Tech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tom Baker was the best.

End of.

More personality, talent and charisma in one finger than any other Doctor had in their entire body.

His ad libs were notorious and priceless, and his tyranny over cast and crew legendary.

The Bob Holmes/Tom Baker combo was always a winning one ... also known as the Gothic period, it will always remain my favourite time.

The worst Doctor for me was Colin Baker, as could never decide on the personality he wanted to portray.

The worst stories were those of McCoy. Whilst a half decent Doctor, the storylines, filled with fore-knowledge and anti-canon garbage, were dire, and along with the effects of what happens when the fans run the show ... mirrored in the recent Russell Davies tenure ... were responsible for the '89 demise of the show.

EDIT : The poll only goes to show how many Nuvo Whovians are present on this site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +2