Hardware Dock could scratch screen!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I recommend not dunking your Switch. Be gentle and/or put some microfiber strips on the screen side inside of the dock (the two plastic protrusions are toward the bezel, not the screen itself).
I've been gentle when placing in the game cards and as soon as the screen protector arrives I'll be applying it! The dock leaves a bit too much room which makes it flimsy a tad.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Never used a screen protector with a iPhone, no scratch on any of the 4 that I have owned.
You do realize glass (which the iPhones use) and plastic (Which the Switch and all Nintendo products use) have different scratch tolerances, right? Plastic scratches hella easy, as opposed to glass.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
For awhile the Nintendo console that have a screen have had a clamshell design which keeps them from getting damaged. I never had problems with scratches on my clamshell-style devices.
I have a whole bunch of tiny scratches on my DS Lites - just from the bundled stylus being used on the bottom screen. Easy to see when the screen is off. Plastic resistive screens scratch easily. It doesn't bother me to see small scratches; I consider the microscratches to be a 'natural' characteristic of these screens & it still isn't enough for me to want to put a screen protector on any of them.

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They snapped it off.. Guess not broken.

To think that these problems would be solved if they just added another one to the opposite side, or just shifted it over more towards the center. It's like no one on their development team had any concept of physics.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be weary of them china sites

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i might as well jump aboard so whats the best glass protector to get? (no china/hk sites)
Zagg but it's not cheap. If they don't have a template the kiosk at the mall can make a custom one.

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
be weary of them china sites

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i might as well jump aboard so whats the best glass protector to get? (no china/hk sites)

Hmm I'm not quite sure, but I opted to get the ones by Orzly. They're based in the UK, and quality wise, they're usually good enough.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I bought tempered glass for 2 euro and i let a Phone shop cut it out properly so now i have a glass protector on my switch for around 5 - 6 euro's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE