do you think this linux OS has backdoors?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by chrisrlink, Sep 3, 2018.

1. chrisrlink
    OP

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    if you ever heard of Rosa Enterprise OS then you know it was made in Russia (quite frankly i don't trust it even if I have it installed it's not like I have anything intresting on here that could be of use to thembut l i like the GUI though

what are your thoughts?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I never trust any software from Russia. Not that everything that comes from there is backdoored, they just have a reputation as hackers. I'm sure most of them aren't.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. chrisrlink
    OP

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    on the + side it seems very stable backdoor or not like i said too it's not like i have anything important I'm not even affiliated with the US government (infact i hate them not just trump but I see how toxic capitalism really is after all those who have the money make the rules sad fact I feel like George Abe and other past presidents are rolling in their graves for seeing what a shithole this place became

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also it uses rpm pkg's and uses urpmi cli manager

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Sounds a bit paranoia to me. I mean... Yes, they're made by a Russian company. But I take it that's the only indication whatsoever, and that is pretty meager as evidence.

Likewise : would you trust valve when they're located in the same country as the NSA? The answer : of course. Just because this company is from Moscow that they're the government. More so : I assume that like most Linux clients, Rosa has the source code available. So at least in theory, any backdoors could be spotted at any time.

Ev1lbl0w and TotalInsanity4 like this.