do you think this linux OS has backdoors?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you ever heard of Rosa Enterprise OS then you know it was made in Russia (quite frankly i don't trust it even if I have it installed it's not like I have anything intresting on here that could be of use to thembut l i like the GUI though

what are your thoughts?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
if you ever heard of Rosa Enterprise OS then you know it was made in Russia (quite frankly i don't trust it even if I have it installed it's not like I have anything intresting on here that could be of use to thembut l i like the GUI though

what are your thoughts?
I never trust any software from Russia. Not that everything that comes from there is backdoored, they just have a reputation as hackers. I'm sure most of them aren't.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the + side it seems very stable backdoor or not like i said too it's not like i have anything important I'm not even affiliated with the US government (infact i hate them not just trump but I see how toxic capitalism really is after all those who have the money make the rules sad fact I feel like George Abe and other past presidents are rolling in their graves for seeing what a shithole this place became

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also it uses rpm pkg's and uses urpmi cli manager

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sounds a bit paranoia to me. I mean... Yes, they're made by a Russian company. But I take it that's the only indication whatsoever, and that is pretty meager as evidence.

Likewise : would you trust valve when they're located in the same country as the NSA? The answer : of course. Just because this company is from Moscow that they're the government. More so : I assume that like most Linux clients, Rosa has the source code available. So at least in theory, any backdoors could be spotted at any time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended