Hacking Do you think that...

Jimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you expect Nintendo to "upgrade" something that doesn't even have upgradable firmware into something whose major differences are in hardware? Complain about Platinum all you want, but it's a purely theoretical issues - anyone who's enough of a Pokemon fan to care already has a DS or DSL and transferred all their Pokemon from their GBA games to Diamond or Pearl ages ago.

PyroJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree the DSi has a lot of short comings when compared to the DSLite. The DSi is actually my first DS I have ever owned, so I didn't mind getting it, and I liked the added features and the DSiWare. I especially find the Japan Train Map app extremely helpfull while I'm here. The menu has a serious overhaul and it doesn't have to shut down all the time whenever you do something. I wish though it had a English language setting so I didn't run into things I don't understand.

As much as I enjoy my DSi with the bigger screens and the better interface, I preferred the design of the DSLite better. I liked the sleek case even though it showed fingerprints, I liked the outside power switch and the sliding volume control much better with more control, and I liked the bigger L and R buttons and the fatter stylus, though I like the stylus being longer and I can still use the Lite stylus with the DSi. I also though the Lite was the perfect size. And lastly, even though I wouldn't use the GBA slot on the Lite since the carts stick out, it was useful for some games though doesn't matter to me since I only use a flashcart and hardly have any cartridges from my GBA/GBASP and did not have Pokemon, if I want to play GBA games I'll do so on my PSP. The slot though was good for rumble feature, something they should have included when they got rid of the slot, and then give you the option to turn on or off.

Lite wins design, but the DSi wins practicality.

Uchiha Obito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jimen said:
How do you expect Nintendo to "upgrade" something that doesn't even have upgradable firmware into something whose major differences are in hardware? Complain about Platinum all you want, but it's a purely theoretical issues - anyone who's enough of a Pokemon fan to care already has a DS or DSL and transferred all their Pokemon from their GBA games to Diamond or Pearl ages ago.
What about Guitar Hero for example? Where should someone put that thing?

Jimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goten said:
Jimen said:
What about Guitar Hero for example? Where should someone put that thing?
They can wait for the next game to come out, which will take the DSi's design into account. If they already have one of the three games that don't work on the DSi, then they can play those games in their Phat or Lite. If they don't have a Phat or Lite, then the only reason they would have one of those games is if they went and bought a DSi and a Guitar Hero game while doing no research whatsoever before buying (which is pretty stupid on both counts), but is still covered under the handy umbrella of "hope you've still got your receipt!"

B

ball2012003

people who are hating the dsi just wait a year or two
then you will be complaining how much you want the dsi

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this post is the stupidest thing ever. "do you think nintendo will upgrade the homebrew..." NO, nintendo will not upgrade homebrew, how stupid are you. they're AGAINST homebrew. and they aren't going to update the ds anyway, why would want to discourage people from buying their new console. come on common sense - least common of all the senses!!

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Trafind_Com said:
i like the nds lite. because the nds lite can play the gba games. the gba games. is soul. i didn't like the new games. i want the gba games.

If i really liked GBA games, I would like the Phat the best. Playable without an annoying sticking out section >_>.

Uchiha Obito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]

If i really liked GBA games, I would like the Phat the best. Playable without an annoying sticking out section >_>.
[/quote]
You are absolutely right xD

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goten said:
QUOTE said:
You are absolutely right xD

Nonesense. If you really want GBA games, you get a GBA. The DS/L has GBA support, and it's a nice feature, but it's nowhere as good as a GBA SP2/Micro. I don't understand the hate you profess to the DSi. OK, I won't upgrade because I don't need the new features it has, but that doesn't mean I hate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken they are worth it lol