Do you think Sony will release its PSP Classic?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NancyDS, Jun 9, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

11.8%
  2. Not

47.1%
  3. Possibly

23.5%
  4. Impossible

29.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NancyDS
    OP

NancyDS GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2018
    Venezuela
    [​IMG]
    Hi Everyone, PS Vita is dead and still Sony will not release its successor to the market until it release the PSP Classic Mini, as we all know, PSP was a success in the market and Sony wants to revive its best moments in the handheld market with a PSP Classic and most likely when the PSP Classic Mini is released, they will release the PS Vita successor.

Do you think the PSP Classic will bring Sony back to the handheld market and release the PS Vita successor to the market?

2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There will be no PSP Classic. There will be no successor to Vita. /thread

3. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    I say anythings possible down the road, maybe a long time from now maybe? When all the parts to do it right are cheap enough they could sell it for like 80 bucks and still make a few bucks off of it.

but given the state of PSP emulation right now it still requires a fairly beefy Android device or at least a decent PC. (By decent I mean not a 250 dollar Walmart PC.) I am going to say at minimum 2 years from now before hardware and software lines up for a decent price being possible to build a PSP Classic. I mean it could come out next week, it would just cost like 200 dollars.

4. JoeStronger

JoeStronger Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2019
    United States
    I don't really think that's likely, given that the PSP library is massive, and because used PSPs are so easy and cheap to obtain.

5. 98otiss

98otiss uwu

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    most modern phones can run psp games, my SE runs psp games with no problems

6. foob

foob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    You write as if the PSP Classic will be happening. Is this just your opinion or something more?

7. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2017
    Ireland
    For what it's worth, NancyDS is a known troll who is incredibly not banned from this website yet. As for the realistic possibility... I wouldn't rule it out? It's too recent, though. They'd release a PS2 Classic first, given the fact it got double the sales figures.

EmulateLife and foob like this.
  8. TesseractStorm

TesseractStorm GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I think it'd be more likely they'd do some kind of emulator in their console and try reselling all the PSP games like the PS2 classics...

9. ker

ker Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2014
    Whad about a portable PS2 console? (^_^)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted