Hardware Do you think Sony will release its PSP Classic?

Will launch the PSP Classic?

• Total voters

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
psp-hardware-two-column-01-ps4-eu-18nov15
Hi Everyone, PS Vita is dead and still Sony will not release its successor to the market until it release the PSP Classic Mini, as we all know, PSP was a success in the market and Sony wants to revive its best moments in the handheld market with a PSP Classic and most likely when the PSP Classic Mini is released, they will release the PS Vita successor.

Do you think the PSP Classic will bring Sony back to the handheld market and release the PS Vita successor to the market?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say anythings possible down the road, maybe a long time from now maybe? When all the parts to do it right are cheap enough they could sell it for like 80 bucks and still make a few bucks off of it.

but given the state of PSP emulation right now it still requires a fairly beefy Android device or at least a decent PC. (By decent I mean not a 250 dollar Walmart PC.) I am going to say at minimum 2 years from now before hardware and software lines up for a decent price being possible to build a PSP Classic. I mean it could come out next week, it would just cost like 200 dollars.

JoeStronger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think that's likely, given that the PSP library is massive, and because used PSPs are so easy and cheap to obtain.

D

Deleted User

most modern phones can run psp games, my SE runs psp games with no problems

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
You write as if the PSP Classic will be happening. Is this just your opinion or something more?
Hi Everyone, PS Vita is dead and still Sony will not release its successor to the market until it release the PSP Classic Mini, as we all know, PSP was a success in the market and Sony wants to revive its best moments in the handheld market with a PSP Classic and most likely when the PSP Classic Mini is released, they will release the PS Vita successor.

Do you think the PSP Classic will bring Sony back to the handheld market and release the PS Vita successor to the market?

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
For what it's worth, NancyDS is a known troll who is incredibly not banned from this website yet. As for the realistic possibility... I wouldn't rule it out? It's too recent, though. They'd release a PS2 Classic first, given the fact it got double the sales figures.

TesseractStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'd be more likely they'd do some kind of emulator in their console and try reselling all the PSP games like the PS2 classics...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol