Do you support marijuana legalization?

GhostLatte May 10, 2019.

1. johnnyblackout

johnnyblackout Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2010
    United States
    THC related psychosis. I'm pretty sure you have to pay extra for that. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the lie about cannabis causing schizophrenia yet. "THC-related psychosis" sounds like he might be tip toeing around it though.

Subtle Demise and Xzi like this.
  2. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Well, LSD and high doses of mushrooms will make you legally insane for the duration of your "trip" and the psychosis caused by those substances is far worse than marijuana induced psychosis. Marijuana is a mild hallucinogen and when I was smoking it I would prefer the stuff that altered my reality to the max so I would spend the $175 for a quarter oz of the shit that would make you see imaginary people running through the bushes - and it wasn't just me experiencing these things so I know it wasn't an isolated incident. However, the hallucinogenic properties of THC are nothing compared to the shit you're going to see on LSD. If you want to know more about THC related psychosis you should talk to a regional Hospital's local tending Psychiatrist or if you have some free time volunteer in the ER (especially if you're in a State that has legalized it).

I'm not sure if it's lie that THC causes schizophrenia or worsens the onset. There's no enough research into this subject and luckily I've not experienced such a thing or know anyone who has, but to say it does is lying and to say it doesn't is lying (as we don't really know - yet).

Xzi likes this.
  3. GhostLatte
    OP

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Alcohol and tobacco are both legal though and are extremely detrimental in comparison to marijuana. You're acting like marijuana is heroin.

Last edited by GhostLatte, May 11, 2019
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    No, I'm acting like marijuana is a drug

5. GhostLatte
    OP

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Caffeine is a drug too. Your point?

Xzi and Benja81 like this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Not that it takes anything away from your experience, but it's not like I'm smoking dirt weed either lol. I've regularly smoked stuff over 30% THC. Still only very rarely have I experienced visuals, and only very short-burst. That includes dabs, even though those of course get me way more high in every other respect. I try not to build up my tolerance too much, though, and I don't buy concentrates for myself.

Last edited by Xzi, May 11, 2019
  7. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Indeed: caffeine can be addictive. But its addiction don't burn your brain because it's only a physical addiction. Smoke too: it destroy your lungs but not your brain.
    I don't drink coffee, alcoholic drinks nor I smoke.

8. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Funny enough I have a harder time quitting caffeine cold turkey, worse withdrawal symptoms too.

Not that I'd advocate smoking as the best way to ingest THC, there are so many options now, but with a water filter it's not bad at all compared to the damage caused by chemical-laced cigarettes.

Good for you. There's no guarantee you'll never pick up one of those habits, however, and you can't expect everyone to live the life of a saint.

Subtle Demise and GhostLatte like this.
  9. johnnyblackout

johnnyblackout Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2010
    United States

Once again, what you're describing sounds like a mental health issue and not so much a cannabis or psychedelic issue. Back in the day psychiatrists used lsd during sessions to help patients "open up" and be more forthcoming with information during their sessions. psilocybin (active drug in mushrooms) at certain doses has been seen to reduce depression and help with cluster migraines. I personally have taken large doses of both chemicals in the past and guess what? All they've ever done is expand my consciousness.

Schizophrenia, like many other things has mostly to do with the "genetic lottery" that's been handed down to you by your parents. What triggers schizophrenia is what's called a "precipitating event". That can be anything from a loss of a loved one, a car accident, drinking to much alcohol, etc... If cannabis use was directly related to schizophrenia, then we should of seen a rise in schizophrenia right? I mean since the 60's cannabis use has gone dramatically up.

Face it man the propaganda about cannabis was spread by a racist hate monger called Harry Anslinger. He's quoted as saying "Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as the white man." That's the douche nozzle all you people against cannabis are backing. That's the man most of this dis-information stems from. I think its sad that it's been close to 100 years and this propoganda and stigma is still so closely tied to cannabis.

Bat420maN, Xzi and Subtle Demise like this.
  10. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Nicotene is a CNS stimulant and euphoriant. You think people smoke because they enjoy birning their lungs with burning papet and plant matter?
    Well that doesn't mean it should be illegal does it?
    Michigan courts ruled that detecting THC in the system does not mean the person is impaired.
    Why the arbitrary restriction?
    Why?
    If that were true, opioid painkillers wouldn't be on the verge on schedule 1. In fact, there would be no controlled substances at all.
    So what if it is? Why does the word drug have such a negative connotation? They help more people than they hurt, and the people they hurt abuse them willingly.

Last edited by Subtle Demise, May 11, 2019
    zomborg and alexander1970 like this.
  11. I never said anything about nicotine.People delude themselves into thinking weed is healthy so they can continue to run away from their problems without feeling guilty.Bottom line is that people should live sober and face their problems head on if they posses the mental strength to do so.If someone is set on using drugs to mask their issues,then I would agree that weed is a lesser evil as opposed to harder drugs.

12. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    The nicotene was directed at someone else. Go back to my post because I accidentally sent before I was done.

13. It should be illegal because a large amount of people are too slow to know what is best for their lives.We shouldn't help people self destruct if it can be prevented.

14. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Benja81 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    Sounds like you think you know whats best for everyone?

Subtle Demise and splymb like this.
  15. Smoking weed isn't good for you.Once you mature you will realize this is a simple fact of life.If you want to believe otherwise,go ahead.If you want to get high everyday and believe it is improving your life,knock yourself right out.

16. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I feel like yes marijuana should be legalized, but there should be more of a distinction between medicinal and recreational use (of course it's not as easy as just saying that, but I feel like they're really two different problems). Either way it will alter your mindset (I mean it's a drug by definition), but that's not necessarily bad. Caffeine, Nicotine, and alcohol all do to their own extends as well. It's a matter of personal choice to use cannabis as well as how you use it.
    I won't say it's for everyone either, but you could also say the same about the substances listed above too. It's really about how people are using it, the culture around it, and being educated on the matter.
    You could say yes I want it legalized because x, x, and x are legal or you could say the opposite. I don't think it should because x, x, and x. The attention drawn to cannabis usage is primarily from culture and the legaility of it imo
    (I smoke recreationally 95% of the time, the other 5% is anxiety based)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The beauty of freedom is the ability to fuck your life up no matter how educated you can be via the internet and other resources

17. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Benja81 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    Correction *wasn't good for you.

18. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Fun Fact: some states you can grow cannabis outside but it can't be seen from street view or from above. Makes it kinda weird when you're trying to grow almost anything outside
    edit: just noticed apparently my account is 2 today whoopee time to have a celebratory bowl on my days off :D

Last edited by MythicalData, May 11, 2019
  19. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    personally i'm against most if not all drug laws, if you commit a crime high that crime is already illegal we should charge you with that crime period.
    increased likelihood's just means that past "sober you" made a informed choice before getting high and should deal with the consequences.

its the same reason im against other laws including but not limited too hate crimes to speeding tickets.

increasing severity of punishment because someone/something says you might do something illegal more often, shouldn't change the punishment for that crime, if i commit one act of murder high i should face murder charges sober or high equally

if people argue the mental state gets altered thus they should be illegal then be consistent in your views outlaw many over the counter drugs and all alcohol.

the hypocrisy of these laws piss me off the most.

20. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Many years ago I had a roommate who started smooking Marihuana. He became so addicted, he smoked 5-10 Joints a day.
    Ever since then I hate the smell of Marihuana. lol.
    Boy, was I glad when he switched back to ordinary cigarettes. :rofl:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted