Do You Sneeze When You See Bright Lights?

Do You Sneeze When You See Bright Lights?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pho8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am allergic to the sun. The only relief I've found to help me with my crippling disease is the use of medical marijuana. I still sneeze when going outside, but just don't give a shit at that point.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Half and half; if I need to sneeze anyway but can't then yeah, it works. But I won't just randomly start sneezing by looking at the sun.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Can't say I've heard of this, but it's a pretty interesting study. The idea that's a mix up in the neruon receptors sounds perfectly plausible, too. Then again, so did the idea that the water from the eyes goes into and irritates the nose, so who knows.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It happens to me mainly whever I go outside for the first time of the day. I wear sunglasses nowadays so it doesn't happen as often.

On the rare occasion, looking into the ceiling light can sometimes make me sneeze. But generlly going outside is the most reliable cause of my sneezing. But I only sneeze 3 times in a row at most.

The sunglasses don't always stop the sneezing, Most of the time, when I go outside with sunglasses, I will feel like sneezing, but won't be able to until I remove the sunglasses. Sorta of a half sneeze. Going outside without the sunglasses will of coarse result in a instant sneeze!

It's never been a problem. Actually I look forward to it lol. Helps clear out my nose.
smile.gif

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I DO! But only when I look at the sun and it's reallly bright. I live in the northern part of England though and we don't really have much bright sun, so I don't do it too often
tongue.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get the opposite. I sneeze so violent normally, that I see bright lights AFTER sneezing.

And if I sneeze 3 times in a row, I end up with what seems like every nerve in my arms seeming to explode.

I hate sneezing you can assume.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... Never heard of this. I usually look away, though. But when I do sneeze, I will usually do it two times.

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nin10doFan said:
No... Never heard of this. I usually look away, though. But when I do sneeze, I will usually do it two times.

Same with me... two is the norm. But I have been training myself to squeeze out a third one!

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
I always sneeze when I go outside and look directly at the sun, or at some other very bright light. I thought everyone does this, but I read that only 1/3 of the population has this happen after reading this interesting article:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=lookin...rigger-a-sneeze

So... do you?
in confusion). Sneezing as the result of being exposed to a bright light—known as the photic sneeze reflex—is a genetic quirk that is still unexplained by science,

HURRY UP AND EXPLAIN IT ALREADY!!!!

ADDITION

Bonemonkey pwned Aristotle

Some 2 ,000 years later, in the early 17th century, English philosopher Francis Bacon neatly refuted that idea by stepping into the sun with his eyes closed—the heat was still there, but the sneeze was

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Usually you sneeze in the change of air when going from outside to inside and vice versa. I saw this TV show about this lady that couldn't go out in the sun because of some type of disease or allergy. she must have been a vampire or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads