• Total voters

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering, do you have a member -maybe more- in your ignore list? You don't have to say who, unless you insist.

Should it be "more then" or more "more than"?

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ikki said:
It's "more than" and nope, I don't have anyone in that list.

But did you vote for "Yes, the whole GBAtemp"? Because I didnt, and I assume you did vote something. Unless I didn't pay attention to what I voted...

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Waflix said:
Ikki said:

But did you vote for "Yes, the whole GBAtemp"? Because I didnt, and I assume you did vote something. Unless I didn't pay attention to what I voted...
I did because I'm a rebel.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ikki said:
Waflix said:
Ikki said:

I did because I'm a rebel.

aup1gb0b.jpg

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
tj_cool said:
nobody has me on ignore either.
How can you tell? Is there a notification or something?

mellow.gif
You can't ignore staff I guess.

I did have a few people ignored but they've all been either banned or no longer active, I have no one on the list anymore.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Pi said:
Veho said:
tj_cool said:
nobody has me on ignore either.
How can you tell? Is there a notification or something?

mellow.gif

You can't ignore staff I guess.

I did have a few people ignored but they've all been either banned or no longer active, I have no one on the list anymore.

You're right:
Error
Couldn't add the following: tj_cool. This could be because they are already in your list or they are not affected by the ignore list or the member name does not exist.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No one on my list; I assume given my similar position I'm not on anyone else's list either (or at least not functionally). No idea if anyone had me on ignore though.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
just 2 - one cause he has just been such a freaking rascist douche, and the other for continually asking me the same question over and over and over.... and just not getting that the answer is that simple.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no one on any ignore list. Even if somebody decided to lay into me for whatever reason, I wouldn't just put them on ignore. I mean, I may ignore them, but not put them in any official list to where I never see what they post ever again. Even the biggest a-hole can say something useful every once in a while, and if I put them on ignore, then I might miss what they said about something important or interesting.

In fact, there has only ever been one person whom I felt might have needed to be put on ignore, if I was to use such a list. That person has since either been banned, or just doesn't attempt to pick on me anymore, I'm not sure which, heh. But the point is, I never put him on ignore because he actually is (or was, as the case may be) an intelligent person, he just had an abrasive attitude. Maybe he was right and I was wrong about whatever was being discussed. You can never rule out that possibility, you know what I mean?

Now, I may be goaded into arguing with someone every once in a while, especially if they catch me on a bad day, but I try not to hate on anyone directly or hold grudges. I may hate a company, a particular game or genre of games, or even the direction a thread might be going in, but that doesn't mean I instantly hate any single person who likes things I hate or disagrees with my opinions. When it comes to things like that, I just agree to disagree and let it go, not rage on them or put them on ignore.

When I was a mod, some may feel that I picked on them unfairly or was singling them out and punishing them. That would be incorrect because 99.9% of the time, if I saw something that warranted a modding action, I didn't even notice the name of the person I modded. I just saw something wrong, modded it as necessary and moved on. No personal feelings were applied to my actions. I try to stay that way, whether it be doling out info, arguing with someone, reporting someone for breaking rules or just goofing off in the forums, even though I'm no longer a mod. I'm only human, I have bad days or weeks. Sometimes I may become somewhat hateful with replies or posts, but it's never (at least I don't think so) directed at anyone specific, just in a general, non-personal way.

I try to be friendly with everyone, but never get too personal. I ignore rivalries between websites, countries and religions, etc. as I see no reason to join the hate bandwagon without any basis of my own. It's like those Lamefuck NFO's....that guy picked on me and GBAtemp about whatever it was he was on about. I'm just like, meh, whatever. I'm not going to refuse to download his dump just because he's hating on me or the things I enjoy, such as GBAtemp. I'm not gonna start a hate-mongering crusade against the guy, whoever he is, just because he picked on me. I just don't worry about it. It's just the internet after all. Some people seem to get some special satisfaction by picking on people or trolling whenever they can. I'm not like that, and I hope I never become that way either.

I am honest to a fault, that comes with consequences. I accept those consequences. If that means you hate me and feel you have to put me on ignore, so be it. But you might just miss something I had to say that actually made sense or was useful. In that case, it would be your loss.

It's like that tune from Joe Walsh called Two Sides to Every Story.

Here's the lyrics to that tune, in case you're not familiar:

Well I don't know, but I've been told
Two sides to every story
One is right and the other is wrong
Guess it depends which side your on
'cause one man's blessing is another man's curse
One man's drink is another man's thirst
One man's pleasure is another man's pain
One man's loss is another man's gain
One man's lie is another man's truth
There's two sides to every story

-

Well good guys bad guys all the same
Good guys win bad guys get blamed
I don't care what side you're on
You might be right, you might be wrong
And one man's freedom is another man's prison
One man's honor is another man's shame
One man's guilty one man isn't

-

One man's heaven is another man's hell
One man's buy is another man's sell
One man's day is another man's night
One man's peace is another one's fight
One man's loss is another one's glory

----------------------------------------------------

Yep, that describes how I feel about it all. No ignore list exists in my eyes. And it's a nice tune too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k