do you have a religion

do you have a religion

• No: atheist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No: Agnost

• Yes: pastafarain (Flying Spaghetti Monster)

• Yes: Christian

• Yes: Muslim

• Yes: Jew

• Yes: Buddhist

• Yes: Hindu

• Yes: Scientology

• Other state and I may add it

• No: Nihilis

• /care

• Yes: Wikipedia

• Yes: Sikh

• Yes: Bahá'í

• Yes: Jain

• Yes: Shinto

• Yes: Taoist

• Yes: Zoroastrian

• Yes: Robotology

• Total voters

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd say I'm a nihilist atheist (I just voted for nihilism though). IMO "morals" and "values" are just stuff made up by religions to control people, and there are just too many flaws in each religion to even consider any of them.

Forum Shark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bazamuffin said:
gamerjr said:
mocliamtoh said:
TriforceHolder said:
Christian, or more specifically, Catholic. I won't try to impress my views upon you, but if I die and there's nothing there, I haven't lost anything, but if I die and it turns out God is real, well I guess I'm in luck.

You should look at Pascal's Wager.

As for me, religion has never been a part of my life. Until (read: unless) I have an epiphany, I will be fine living my life as an atheist.
Ok... one thing wrong about that theory; even if there is a god he would know that you only believed in him in fear that there's a chance of going to hell not that you actually followed him because you believed.

If 'god' loves us all why would he send us to hell, and why would he have us fear him? BTW has anybody in here watched Zeitgeist?

Not all of it, but the first 20 minutes. It's pretty stupid, if you ask me. I am a Christian, but that's all I'm saying. A thread like this was started on another forum I'm on, and it turned into people arguing, and not making any sense.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Forum Shark said:
Not all of it, but the first 20 minutes. It's pretty stupid, if you ask me. I am a Christian, but that's all I'm saying. A thread like this was started on another forum I'm on, and it turned into people arguing, and not making any sense.
We've actually got a pretty good history of these threads not getting out of hand around here. Certainly politics and religion, and race/nationality discussions for that matter can easily "go south", but there's a surprising amount of respect amongst our members.

That and I tend to keep half an eyeball on these threads
wink2.gif

It's entirely too easy to jump on a scientologist (for example) and start spouting all the horrors you've read about, some of which may well be true, but everybody has a reason for their beliefs, and as I stated before, when looked on critically, all these religions stretch credibility. I'll add that atheism stretches credibility to a religious person as well.

So, carry on, be civil, all that rot.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm glad the church of the FSM is up there because otherwise there'd be a lawsuit in someone's hand. THE FSM IS REAL!!! Unlike "God" or "Buddha" or "Wikipedia"... yeah, they don't exist. Wikipedia is just some 12 year old trying to screw us all over on history projects.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm agnostic. I want to belie in a God but I'm finding it hard to. I just hate organized religion. The church is the main reason I stopped being a Catholic; not the beliefs.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@golfman560 lol really good avatar pic "theres a trojan on your computer"
laugh.gif
ROFL

@mthrnite i guess i was a bit harsh
sleep.gif
il think before i type next time an your right everyone has a personal belief its just i was kinda drunk (only kinda drunk) so yeah sorry iv had alot of water since then
laugh.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I'm Atheist. But I voted for the spaghetti guy anyway, because anyone who's made of spaghetti, flies, and is a monster must be awesome.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I be Christian. My dad was a pastor for years, my mom was secretary at our church-- and i'm an only child. So, it wasn't "forced" on me, per say, but i had willingly gone for the first 18 (19?) years of my life. Then going to church petered off. But i still have very solid Christian beliefs which i follow... and don't make reference to, unless am asked
tongue.gif
(While my dad was a pastor, he never forced anything. In fact, a few of my non-christian friends LOVED talking with him. He's a fount of knowledge in Christianity, and has studied other religions extensively. Hell, he even took a few classes to learn Greek for a better understanding of his readings lol).

However, i have major disagreements with a lot of the stereotypical "christian" thoughts, but that's another thought for another thread.

And, just my 2¢ on the whole "Hell" thang from earlier, i don't believe that He just sends a person to Hell. Its not a threat. Its more of an If/Then/Else choice we have. If I follow His teachings, I go to heaven. If i choose not to, then its Hell. I believe its a poor way to teach religion out of fear. We have choices, and we have to face our own consequences. It is upsetting when something he created doesn't follow him, but he's not angry. More of a sadness. He's not casting said person into Hell, it was their choice, and He's saddened to see it happen.

Again, my thoughts... not even trying to make it sound better. That is just where my beliefs lie.
smile.gif

EDIT:
Oh, and what really pisses me off is ANY extreme religious fanatic... be it Christian, Atheist, Muslim, etc etc. They give a horrible name to the rest of us that understand the acceptance of other people's thoughts and beliefs. Nothing we know is definite. And those that think they understand something so fully, that others are just wrong... well, they have one hell of a disappointment in their future.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Toni Plutonij said:
Yes: Christian

But nothing "classical"....
The thing is, I believe that there is some kind of Force out there, something bigger then all this, but I don't like the whole ceremonial part and part with all those rules.....in any religion!

Same.

QUOTE(RockmanForte @ Jun 18 2009, 11:29 AM) I was catholic but now I don't want to be a catholic anymore. I'm a Christian now.

The catholic church: FALSE!

No offense but do you know why ?

Bible Ten Commandments: TRUE
Catholic Ten Commandments: FALSE

The Catholic Church is Disgusting, Immoral and Wicked .. Please read below

Ten commandments:

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/romanc...mmandments.html

smile.gif

ohmy.gif

Btw, I'm pretty sure more than half of those who voted atheist or spaghetti thing only "say" they're atheists/don't believe in any religion but still go to church w/ their families when ordered to, and only a few are actual atheists, or don't practice any religion

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
W/ their families when ordered to

That's very wrong. They can't force someone to go. If they wants to go with their families then they have to find in the name of God in their heart and spending a day or everyday or one day a week for their heart's desire is to glorify Christ, to learn more about Christ. That's simple.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Atheist

If there was only 1, then i would believe, but as soon as you bring more than one into the equation - they cannot all be right, thus I think its all a load of nonsense TBH

White Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Muslim

Well to say I was born muslim but after a while we went through some Hindu philosophies and well then we turned Christian but after mom divorced and she married someone else we turned back muslim and I don't know what happened but I got so attached to this religion for some reason and have been a believer of it for as long as I can remember, also what I realized is that all the religions somehow connect together from all the teachings and prohibitions they somehow interlock with each other but thats only my opinion on it and I was thought to respect everyones religion no matter what even if mine be criticized cause thats the more appropriate thing than starting a big quarrel over whose god is the real god.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but I've had enough of the Christian bashing on this forum and anywhere. We should respect religious values and principles of religions... Sorry, Atheists are excluded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1