Hacking Do you guys think it was stupid that I updated?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my PS3 slim 2 weeks ago. And it came in firmware 3.40 I think. Well I decided not to hack my system and just updated to 3.70 for online. But today I heard out that it was possible for me to dual-boot 3.50CFW and 3.70 OFW. Is this true? And if so can you get banned if you did that?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
I bought my PS3 slim 2 weeks ago. And it came in firmware 3.40 I think. Well I decided not to hack my system and just updated to 3.70 for online. But today I heard out that it was possible for me to dual-boot 3.50CFW and 3.70 OFW. Is this true? And if so can you get banned if you did that?
I never seen anything that mentioned this before, but it could be real. But like me, I'm now on 3.70 and want to hack my system. (Before I updated, I was on 3.55)
Hold on I just seen the picture and article for it.

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
I was under the impression cracking it open and soldering was required period.
Yes to#1, to #2 (if you have a slim):
http://ps3.dashhacks.com/2011/09/02/video-...-3-70-and-3-55o

Yes, it was dumb. If I didn't have a 60GB, I would already have this thing installed and dual booting. I really wish I could buy new games and PSN games (including Singstar content) without losing my CFW. I'll eventually get a slim and my current console will be used for PS2 games and held in reserve for when the PS3 eventually gets blown wide open and when I do, I'll be getting this device (if the scene still hasn't progressed by then).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok