1. slaphappygamer

OP slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    For example, playing mario kart in a moving vehicle. I just can’t do it. I get queasy and dizzy.
    Is this normal?

Scott_pilgrim and alexander1970 like this.
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Pink Profilepagebackground for Christmas please.

Austria
    Sometimes,in the back of a Car...depends on the "Drivers´s Driving Style".... puke.gif

JuanMena, tfocosta and slaphappygamer like this.
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    It takes a serious case of bad driving, tiredness and vehicle choice to get it for me in a car. Can play games and read books in a car happily enough, though it can get a bit unpleasant. I prefer to look out of the window. Last time was many years ago. Had just got off and awful plane ride (if I had possessed a pencil it would have gone down my ear to stop the pressure), not slept in about 30 hours, had been to a restaurant and then got in a bumpy old van to drive round and round roads up a mountain. Felt less than good there.

Put me on a boat and... it is like I am drunk except without the fun parts of being drunk.

Playing games... I had my projector on the wall and was standing off angle for it. Skate 3 made me want to look away.

Never once had a film make me feel like it even during the height of shaky cam (though to be fair I grew up watching skateboard videos so most let's knock off Hollywood/Jason Bourne stuff was not even close). Have had a few goes with active and passive 3d during the earliest roll outs and later still. Fine with that.

Roller coasters. All day long and give me more afterwards.
    Had a go on one of those spin you round in a ball/series of rings things. I stopped mostly because the guy spinning it looked like he was about to pass out from tiredness.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  4. IanSkinner1982

Newcomer

Canada
    Not usually. I can read, play games, and sleep without getting sick. But certain "new car smells" will get me.

Scott_pilgrim and slaphappygamer like this.
  5. Nobody_Important4u

Nobody_Important4u A Delusionary Existence

Poland
    No, why do people even have these?

6. slaphappygamer

OP slaphappygamer GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    For me, when I play a racing/driving game, my mind focuses there. Problem is, my body feels the motion and direction of the vehicle. Its quite conflicting. My mind and body are “sent” different signals. This is very much the reason I’d never try VR gaming.

alexander1970 and IanSkinner1982 like this.
  7. JuanMena

JuanMena Politically Incorrect ♥️

Mexico
    I do. As a matter of fact that condition is completely Genetic.
    So ain't my fault when I get nauseous when traveling sideways or backwards (sitting looking at the back while going forward)

Actually is one of many reasons why I avoid going outside.

And don't get me started on the fact that I won't fit on the public transport seats.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Genetics.

Last edited by JuanMena, Sep 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted