do you feel unnormal

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The notion of 'normality' is a farce. It's merely a pseudo-standard used by advertisers in an attempt to sell you crap you don't really need (or even want). The myth of normality is also, of course, perpetuated by modern psychology in order to better 'categorize'/label us.

Besides, who would even want to fit into such a preconceived mold? Booooorrrrrrrinnnngggggg.

bsqttuaicaekxqg.jpg

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't care less, unless people start trying to stop me. Concern is also a factor, but only if I know beforehand what I'm doing could end badly.

I've also built up a resistance to the "feel weird" feeling so it doesn't matter.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I'm not normal. No one is like me among my college piers (Electrical Engineering Student). But to them, it doesn't matter that we all have different interests or get our kicks from different things, because we have to stick together so that we all can make it to graduation. Because I am different then these people that I am with, it gives me the opportunity to learn how to interact with different people so that when I go into the real world, I know how to deal with and interact with them and be a possitive influence to them. That's why I am weird and nerdy, so that they can see the positive sides of any person.

Ya people need to learn how to be around others and work with differences, something that’s useful in work life, instead of feeling like things are horrible if they are not compatible and can’t be friends anymore.

You’re going to be stuck with people your not going to like and you have to learn to deal with differences. Something you learn by socializing. It’s either that or have a harder time in life because you can’t always be around people that’s like you.

Last edited by SG854,

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not really. Maybe people just don't share interests. Like, for example, gaming on a computer. No one on the places i frequent share the same interests of games or even gaming on a computer itself. I'm just ok about it.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you count someone who is a horrific train wreck with social interaction, feels like crap half the time, is scared of graduation cause they're way more concerned about having a purpose in life then they should be at 18, and still has yet to tell their parents they're likely going through depression cause they're scared of how the would react. Then ya.

Brigand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"Normal" is a subjective thing. It's in the eye of the beholder. In that sense, no one is really normal or abnormal. I understand when you say that you feel weird about something if it's a little different, and I think everyone feels that way sometimes. I certainly feel that way occasionally.

Brigand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Everyone likes to think they're different but very few people are.
Interesting. I suppose it depends what you mean by "different". If you mean special, for the most part that's again, subjective, but if you mean dissimilar to others, I would argue otherwise. The picture Veho posted actually expresses this quite well. It's very easy to assume we are the only ones that are conscious, the only ones that have the ability to think, because we are only ever able to experience life from a single point of view.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like when you do something no one else does do you feel weird about doing it.

No. No embarrassment nor feel weird. I am proud at what I am doing.. If someone or anybody dont like it then thats their problem. Honest, I am not embarrassment at what I am doing. I like what I am doing anyway. I dont worry. Be yourself. You are you!

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I often feel rather alone in the World with my way of thinking ... at least I found a wonderful woman who is similar to me now ^^

I try to actually think and not just mimic other people but it seems that many people do not like that. Most time I write something lots of people tend to group together and tell me I am a stupid shithead and when I ask for a reason I NEVER got an answer yet except dor stuff like "because you are stupid" :/
Not really nice to give argument over argument withouth getting any argument back.

I even tell people "maybe yiu are right maybe I am wrong but tell my why I am wrong" still no chance to get a reason.

Plus I don't care if 90+% of the people say yes, if I think about it and think no than I will say no, no matter the consequences (got into trouble a lot in school and at work about this)

just a moment ago again when I said that for me it is bad when a "hero" shows kids that it is cool to smoke drink and gamble I get replies like this one here "It must be really sad to have only one set of grandparents" I have to admit it is at least not a "you are stupid" and rather inteligent (took me a second) but still thats no reason why my opinion is supposed to be wrong still EVERYONE on that topic was the same telling me that I am a stupid idiot who is no fun and should fuck off -.-V

And the worst of it all is that all the people were older than 20 ... you should think people start using their brain after leaving school but nope they don't

Last edited by Youkai,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car