do you actually lol?

Do you actually laugh out loud?

• of course.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not really. its just to express slight amusement

• sometimes. when i write LOL then yes. i do.

• Total voters

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you type in lol,
do you, in real life, behind that computer screen of yours, really laugh out loud?

i rarely do
only when sometime is super funny
and my sis always glares at me cuz im all giggling in my room >.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I voted "I only type lol when I'm making fun of people that type lol to make fun of people who say lol all the time".

The english language is forever evolving. Go back 300-800 years and you will find the english completely foreign to what it is today and see how it changes over time. 'Lol' today is just a way of portraying/acknowledging "yeah i think thats kinda funny" without having to say something as long as that. Hell, thats why we have contractions in the english language as it's easier and quicker to say 'Shouldn't' then 'Should not'. But yeah pretty lame argument I have, so I'm gonna shut up now.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People that say lol all the time generally use it as a crutch word; they can't express their intentions well enough with just their words, so they throw a lol in there so you don't think they really meant what they said about your mom. Same with emoticons.

I have no problem with people saying lol here and there to indicate that they found something to be particularly funny, I just hate seing it twice per sentence, every sentence.

You are, of course, absolutely right about the English language being a living, evolving thing. Only dead languages stay the same.

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I generally just type "lol" as internet etiquette. If I actually do laugh, I usually bump it up to "rofl" or at least capitalize my lol!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since