Hacking Do USB loaders cause slowdown/lag?

OGTiago

OP
Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
I noticed in a game before, and now Metroid every now and then. Not like Nintendo to have technical issues like these in games, is it because it's running on a USB loader? I would assume so, but would like confirmation.

Thanks.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's generally accepted that buggy or outdated cIOS versions aside, USB loading is faster than disc loading. More so when comparing USB loading to disc loading with modchips that restrict drive speeds to 3x instead of the Wii's native 6x speeds.

Any slowdown or stuttering experienced is usually due to the Wii's limited resources, see posts on SSBB lag, and/or hardware issues including corrupt rips.

-[]D

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be quite the opposite. USB loading is actually faster than the 6x read speed of retail disks. If you were in intense firefight or whatnot in the game, then I wouldnt be too surprised if it did lag. Happens in all games.

What I would think is if your hdd is going into sleep or power conservation mode, something like that.

OGTiago

OP
Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
Well yeah, it's during more intense moments (and once in some big crowded room in Metroid)

I ask because I thought framerates would stutter if it was the Wii's hardware limitations (or does it depend on how it's programmed?), and I thought slowdown was caused by something else, like loading, or maybe USB slot doesn't connect to Wii's hardware as fast.

Pat1487

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Other M pushes the wii's hardware to its limits

A slight slow down is normal in intense fights, but not stuttering
If its stuttering then something is wrong

What was the other game you noticed the slowdowns in?

OGTiago

OP
Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
It doesn't stutter, it slows down at times. Like slow motion, when I jump I notice it's slower. Only happened noticeably in some big battles, and one room where you see some woman who works in the lab- in the big room with all those boxes or w/e it slowed down a bit.

The only other game which I noticed slowdown was Sin and Punishment 2 in some areas.

Most run fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_