Do stupid questions exist?

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because this question is (probably) going to start a discussion, I couldn't ask this at Ask GBAtemp.

I replied to the topic 'Two Stupid Questions?' (click here to read it), and a little (very, very little) discussion started. Do stupid question exist? So I thought it would be an good idea to start a topic for this, because that other topic isn't the right place.

This spoiler contains the posts that did lead to the creation of this topic.
Waflix - "Stupid questions don't exist, my teacher always says.
lecture.gif
"
Centrix - "lol, mine tells me there are no such things as stupid questions!....lol
lecture.gif
"
Clydefrosch To Waflix - "there's no stupid question, only stupid people, thats what mine said"
Nintendo_Chick - "Then you all have stupid teachers. Ask her if it's a bad idea to set your crotch on fire and see what she says."
Waflix - If Clydefrosch would reply to your post with the exact same text as his last post on this topic, he would still be right. The student is stupid, not the question. And maybe it is a good idea to set your crotch on fire, if you're cold.
Maybe I should just open a 'Do stupid questions exist?' topic."

PS's
PS: I don't know why the name of this topic is so strange, I'm sorry.
PSS: Wait, the thing after it, is the description. But it still looks weird.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Stupid" questions exist and don't exist at the same time.
It all depends on who is the one answering.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who's been on a videogame forum for longer then a week knows very well that stupid questions do exist.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends who they are directed at, asking your mother if she thinks you should bang that chick from the checkout desk is a stupid question, asking your mate is not.

Asking GBAtemp how to *insert query here* with an R4 is a stupid question, unless you want to be trolled to hell.

fermio100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The question itself can't be stupid because it isn't. Nevertheless, the person who asks the question may be stupid, dumb or inept somehow.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"Stupid" questions are usually those where it would require very little time/effort/previous knowledge to find the answer on your own, without asking someone else. But no question is inherently stupid.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree it depends on the person answering- depending on how good they are at the field you dealing with a lot of provisos can come out.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
I agree it depends on the person answering- depending on how good they are at the field you dealing with a lot of provisos can come out.

I agree, and also. This is the shortest post you've ever made. O_O

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
According to science (not science), there is not such a thing as a stupid question, since it's questions that "move" the world.

Even a "stupid" question like
WiiBricker said:
(...) Is this ds-scene.net? (...)
if handled correctly can turn out to be a perfectly fine question. One possibl answer could be: "No, this is not" (yep, that simple). Maybe whoever asked this question thought that the site name could have changed (for instance, GBATemp... People barely talk about GBA anymore, and there is no more ROM sharing here. If someone wanted to change the site's name to, idk, "ConsoleTemp" and keeping the actual url as gbatemp.net there would be no problem).

There are questions made on a stupid way, like: "Are you a whinni-meanie-girly gay man?" The questioner is just asking weather the person is homossexual or not, but on a stupid manner.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, no. A question exists in order to cure ignorance. If one really doesn't know why punching your own balls is bad, they need to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-